How to lower Core Voltage? What am I doing wrong?

pRada

Feb 25, 2008
Hi guys, Im not sure if this question has already been answered but I'm going to ask again anyway, hopefully you guys dont mind. Well, I did a little tweaking to my comp in the bios and my Core Voltage seems high compared to other peoples cpu z(online). Im not sure if this is bad for my computer. This is why Im posting. These are the settings. Im just going to briefly explain,

cpu clock ratio 8x
cpu host freq 400 (running at 3.2ghz right now)
system memory 2.00, mem freq 800 800

ddr2 overvoltage control +0.2v
(G) mch voltage +0.1v
CPU voltage Normal, now I have tried numbers from 1.4375 - 1.275v and still the same results 1.408 in CPU Z and bios.

Can somebody please guide me to the correct settings or how to lower my Core Voltage with these overclocking settings. I understand if I lower my CPU host freq then I will get lower core voltage but then again, my comp runs fine. Im sure i can push my cpu host to 400. I did the prime95 for a few hours and it was all good. Idk what else to do, I apologize if these settings arent good, Im a noobie when it comes to oc and this was based from online research. So if anyone can give me feedback, I would really appreciate it and please be specific. Im a noobie :(

Intel duo core E6750
gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l
500w antec ps
ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink
2x 1gig Gskills ddr2 pc2-6400 800
Evga 512mb 8600gts

graysky

Mar 8, 2007
It's gotta be your board - my Asus board allows me to select a vcore (not a range) which is pretty accurate after the vdrop. I dunno what to tell you.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
Check to see that you didn't enable automatic overclocking voltage control setting. That seems to put the voltage at 1.41 no matter what.

pRada

Feb 25, 2008
Originally posted by: graysky
It's gotta be your board - my Asus board allows me to select a vcore (not a range) which is pretty accurate after the vdrop. I dunno what to tell you.

Its a brand new mobo. What catagory would vcore settings fall under? I have options like PC health status, and BM Intelelligent Tweaker (MIT).

pRada

Feb 25, 2008
Was I suppose to leave my "System Voltage Control" on Auto or Manual? Because When I leave it as manual and hit f10(save and exit). It doesnt post. But when I put it to auto, then it post. Is this because I have one of my settings wrong? Am I suppose to leave it at manual and try to mess around with it until it post? Or is it suppose to be at Auto regardless. Please help. Thank you.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
You want vcore set on manual so it doesn't overvolt too much. But you need to adjust it carefully to ensure stability. You should follow the overclocking guide stickied in this forum.