How to increase FSB/Bus speed?

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
Playing around with overclocking and would like to know how to safely increase my FSB/Bus speed.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
It is for my system in my signature.

Assuming you're running a 3770, for all intents and purposes, you shouldn't be tweaking the BCLK if you decide to overclock. From what I understand, you would only get ~5% out of your BCLK if you decided to overclock it. I know some people have reached higher BLCKs but again, my point is that BCLK overclocking is largely dead after Sandy Bridge and beyond. Instead, you should be tweaking your CPU multiplier. Leave your BLCK at 100.

If you already knew this and you are dead serious about overclocking your BCLK, then sure, the procedure is pretty much the same as if you were overclocking anything else: bump the value up, run tests for stability, rinse and repeat.

Accord99

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2001
Playing around with overclocking and would like to know how to safely increase my FSB/Bus speed.
For Sandy/Ivy Bridge, simply increasing the clock speed of the CPU and/or RAM does something similar to increasing the FSB on say a Core 2 processor.

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
There is no FSB or bus. Just the BCLK. And systems gets very unstable just you raise it 5%.

Yes but actually I would like to raise the bus about 1% or 2%, and only for a minute until I save the benchmark (which is only CPU-Z). How can I do that? BIOS does not have the option.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Yes but actually I would like to raise the bus about 1% or 2%, and only for a minute until I save the benchmark (which is only CPU-Z). How can I do that? BIOS does not have the option.

There still aint no bus. Only the BLCK, and you might be able to find that in BIOS.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Your UEFI should look similar to this one. The value shown for Cpu Base Frequency is what you would mess with. You won't be able to go too high but if you wanna play around to see then have at it. I'd suggest dropping the multiplier down 1-2 from a stable overclock before you do it.

msi_z77a-g45_1.png