How to get fresh, hot fries and off-menu items at McDonald's

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Here's a little life hack I just learned to get things off-menu at McDonalds:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/23/man-pulls-gun-mcdonalds-order/20800425/

A Nashville, Tenn., man became so upset about a missing McDouble cheeseburger from his drive-thru McDonald's order he returned to the restaurant with a pistol, police said.

North Precinct detectives are looking for 21-year-old Demetri Johnson in connection to the Thursday aggravated assault at the restaurant, according to a news release from the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department. His last known address is on Joseph Avenue.

Police said Johnson placed a drive-thru order early Thursday, received his food and pulled away. He drove back through the drive-thru, complained about the missing cheeseburger and the manager asked him to park and said he would bring out the missing sandwich.

The cheeseburger is not part of the eight items McDonald's is cutting from its menu in select testing locations.

Johnson is accused of walking into the restaurant a few minutes later with a pistol, racking it and demanding that staff fix the order, police said. He and the three women with him also wanted fresh fries and new soft drinks. They left after receiving their food.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
0.jpg

Hands up don't shoot!

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Go to jail over McDonald's fries?? Really?? You could have at least stepped it up to Wendy's fries or one of the other best fast food fries

vailr

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Re: "How to get ... and off-menu items at McDonald's".
If only they offered a vegan vegeburger.
Might even cut down on these kind of flesh food induced roid rages.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
"How to get fresh, hot fries and off-menu items at McDonald's"

Wait for them to go out of business and then go to whatever drive-thru fast food Burger and fries place fills their niche?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just ask for the fries to be freshly made and the burger to come directly off the grill and wait for it a few minutes longer. I like Big Macs, although I don't eat them often, but when I do, I ask them to use quarter pound patties and put extra mac sauce on it. :)

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
I hate when I go to McDonalds and order a Fish Sandwich and tell them No Cheese, but add onion or extra tarter sauce, they charge me an extra $0.40. Really!

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I hate when I go to McDonalds and order a Fish Sandwich and tell them No Cheese, but add onion or extra tarter sauce, they charge me an extra $0.40. Really!

Nah...don't sweat the petty stuff. If I let that kind of thing bother me I wouldn't be able to enjoy the taste of my food. It's 40 cents man......40 flipping cents. I put that kind of change in a gallon wine bottle every night. I'm on the second gallon wine bottle and it's half full of pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. ;)

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It's the franchise owners who ruin companies. You get the ones whose palates were developed in foreign countries, where they are fortunate to get a cup of rice from USAID. I have nothing against Punjabis, I have even learned some of the language, but here's the thing - THEY DON'T EAT WESTERN FOOD. How can you run a restaurant when you don't eat most of the food that you're serving, and have never developed an appreciation for it?

Yes, sure, in India, serving fries cooked an HOUR ago, you should consider yourself lucky to have it. I get it. Some of our grandparents probably would be displeased at what we waste after deeming unacceptable. Hour-old fries and burger patties really are edible, but then so is a bagel you find in the dumpster - just tear the mold off and it's good! I'm not going to Gramamas, or a dumpster, and I'm NOT in India!

We have a convenience store/food mart here owned by Punjabis. They experiment with hot food service from different vendors, like pizza and breakfast sandwiches. I ask the clerk, how is it? She says "Oh yes, very good." Then I asked, "Have you tried it?" NO! She doesn't eat pork, beef products, (and neither does the owner). DOH!

I like it the old way where Chinese open Chinese restaurants, Japanese open Japanese restaurants, Middle Easterners open Middle Eastern restaurants, et. al.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
Lol. I've met plenty of white Americans running American restaurants who talk like they're from another planet and don't know anything about anything except how to squeeze every last penny. Franchise food is a hell of a lot easier to prepare than "real" food.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I have a ex wife was almost as bad, she specifically asked they to put no mustard on a cheeseburger.

She made be turn around and go back to McD's, went inside found the manager etc and chewed his ass out. Was literally almost screaming.

I heard the words incompetent, well a lot of words and she had a Masters in Psychology at the time.

*Note* Ex Wife, about 30 years ago.

Last edited:

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Go to jail over McDonald's fries?? Really?? You could have at least stepped it up to Wendy's fries or one of the other best fast food fries

This woman went to jail over missing bacon, which I consider to be worse as McDonalds bacon is pretty horrible.

http://woodtv.com/2014/02/10/gun-fired-at-mcdonalds-after-wrong-orders/

A woman accused of firing a gun early Monday morning at a McDonald’s restaurant – allegedly because she didn’t get bacon on her sandwich — now faces three criminal charges.

Shaneka Monique Torres, 29, was arraigned in Grand Rapids District Court Monday afternoon on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, discharge of a firearm in or at a building and felony firearms.

Torres and another woman placed an order at the drive-thru window at the business located near 28th Street and Madison Avenue SE on Sunday. The workers got the order wrong, police said, and the customers were told their next meal would be free.

So the women returned to the restaurant’s drive-thru window around 3 a.m. Monday and ordered again. Torres was the passenger in the vehicle, and was flirting with the employee in the first drive-thru window. police said. She left that person her phone number in hopes he would call her later.

Torres and the other woman drove up to the second drive-thru window to get their order, which was wrong, police said.

Torres pulled out a gun, reached across the driver and fired one shot through the closed car window and drive-thru window, police told 24 Hour News 8.

The bullet went through the other side of the building, but did not hit anybody. Workers didn’t realize what had happened. They thought a coffee pot had exploded.

The customers drove away and went to Torres’ house, where she was dropped off.

Police tracked down the shooter at her home because she left her cellphone number with the drive-thru worker.

Police arrested Torres at her home.

She is currently being held at the Kent County Correctional Facility on a $50,000 cash surety bond.

The driver of the car told 24 Hour News 8 Monday that she had no idea Torres had a gun. She also said she was having a difficult time hearing because her ears were ringing.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
A McDonald's customer was so upset after being served fries that he felt were too cold that he went on a late-night axe rampage at a branch of the fast food restaurant.

The 26-year-old man was dissatisfied with the reaction of staff at the McDonald's drive-through in a northern suburb of Paris after he complained about the tepid chips.

So dissatisfied was he that he got out of his Renault Master van and swung a small axe at the drive-thru counter several times, shattering the window.

He then rounded on the restaurant itself, hurling the tool through the doors and into the middle of a group of terrified late-night customers.

The axe rampage occurred at around 2am on Saturday night at the McDonald's drive-thru restaurant in Paris's Garges-lès-Gonesse district, according to French daily Le Parisien.

It appears that the attacker had an extreme reaction to the sense of disappointment commonly felt when McDonald's customers compare their actual purchases to the appealingly succulent examples pictured on the menu. :D

After making his feelings clear, the enraged customer sped off in his van, along with two passengers.

Police gave chase after they were alerted by witnesses to the attack.

Officers eventually found the attacker bleeding heavily from a deep wound in his hand which he apparently suffered during his attack on the drive-thru counter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ive-counter-axe-cold-chips.html#ixzz3MxtVR3ln