How to get 7.9 on EVERYTHING in Windows Experience Index?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Here is mine:

I'm lacking in CPU, RAM ,and HDD. How much better a HDD can I possibly get??? What HDD will be 7.9???

Looks like your connected to a SATA 2 controller on the mobo. You should have a 7.9 with that SSD.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
A single Crucial M4 or better SSD on Sata6 / AHCI or better can score 7.9 in Win7

As far as CPU, one would need 8 cores / 16 threads to get 7.9 CPU in Win7, even though a heavily overclocked 6 core SB-Es will typically stomp all over any such single CPU capable of achieving that score.

Basically, up to a certain point, the scores really don't mean much outside of epeen

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
Looks like your connected to a SATA 2 controller on the mobo. You should have a 7.9 with that SSD.

I'm quite certain I plugged it into the SATA3 port. Let's check...

I did a benchmark using Bench32 by ATTO. I did 4 tests, and the best of the 4 tests was:

Maximum:
Read: 418MB/s
Write: 240MB/s
256_GB_SSD_Best_Benchmark.jpg

NOTE: The Write speed is supposed to be 410MB/s. Why is it running so much slower?

Last edited:

Digitrax

Dec 4, 2014
It took me 5 years (!) to do this:
WEI79_zps4b0f1084.jpg.html
WEI79_zps4b0f1084.jpg

(not that I hold much stock in Microsoft's W.E.I. — just a point of pride more than anything else).
I used 4 Samsing 840 EVO's in RAID5. I had a "7.9" with a pair (in RAID0) as well, but wanted the extra security since I had an SSD suddenly go south with no warning).

I had OCZ 2nd generation SSD's — one died on me after about 3 years; the other slowed to about 70% of its original speed over the course of about 8 months.

I'm sure they're better now, but it's hard to beat Samsung as they're one of the few companies that makes their own NAND and their own controllers, so they've got complete QC over the entire drive

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
A first post 2 year necro, nice.

FWIW the single Intel 180GB SSD in my work laptop has a 7.9.

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Please avoid resuscitating aged threads. This isn't even on topic for this forum.
-- stahlhart

Status
Not open for further replies.