How to enable Nvidia Phsyx on Ati cards in Batman:AA

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Why all the fuss about enabling/disabling AA in an average game, that no one will be playing in 6 months? Move on everyone...

The importance of "enabling/disabling AA in a game no one will play in 6 months" is the principle behind it. First they take all the special effects and make them proprietary, then they take the filters and make them proprietary.

The direction this leads to is a PC title that is only Nvidia compatible. How would you like to see Crysis 4 only playable on nvidia hardware (but when you trick the vendor ID, the ATi card runs it 2 times as fast as the nvidia card).

The point is this. IF each company competes on the hardware level and remains competitive on the technological front, we end up with faster hardware on a regular basis. If one company results to cheap-shots, marketing, PR, lock-outs etc, the modernization and innovation grinds to a halt. How would you like to buy a gtx 560 based on a 28nm G92?

I wouldn't.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
okay schmide don't make that sort of argument because the fallacy in the logic is playing right into their hands. If ATI hardware starts to crap out on TWIWMTBP games people like Wreckage will attribute that to Nvidia "co-developing" and "holding hands" with the game devs, rather than consider the possibility that Nvidia is utilizing anti-competitive practices.

It's not a fallacy of logic, and can be directly inferred by the nVidia code doing the AA setup yet never doing the resolve. The hand holding argument is moot, since all calls should be DirectX compatible.

Wreckage is a clown the crickets have proven it.

Of course, that does not rule out the possibility that ATI just simply did not have the driver optimizations necessary to perform. The only way we can come up with a conclusion remotely close to the truth is if we had details.

Nothing was ruled out in my statement. It was only one extrapolation of the given controversy. The complexity of the game is not tremendous and it's made by FutureMark, a company that should have seller knowledge of every card and not need any help form anyone. I stand by my statement.

Edit: I can't play into anyone's hands as I do not consider myself on either side. I argue the facts and would impugn anyone, including AMD, guilty of such activities.

Last edited:

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
Try telling that to Wreckage :p

Never try and out stubborn a cat.

Wreckage is pussing out of the argument anyways, silence = relevant.

Edit: Silence is justified as his title just changed. Long live the rational discussion.

Last edited: