How to CORRECTLY optimize your SSD for windows 7

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
haha I don't keep track of troll posters, but now that i've been posting alot in the storage forum I see your point.

Last edited:

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Id run a defrag on it to align the data to the outer regions...

... After arguing with you about whether people should defrag their SSDs (they shouldn't) in 3 threads, and in PM, you finally admitted that you KNOW that people shouldn't defrag their SSD : http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30461000&postcount=18
And yet here you go again, after admitting that you know better, you are telling people to defrag their SSD...

You should not trick people into harming their computer, this is not nice :(

PS. as I said in another thread... defragging has nothing to do with alignment, defragging does not magically correct your drive's alignment.

Last edited:

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
... After arguing with you about whether people should defrag their SSDs (they shouldn't) in 3 threads, and in PM, you finally admitted that you KNOW that people shouldn't defrag their SSD : http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30461000&postcount=18
And yet here you go again, after admitting that you know better, you are telling people to defrag their SSD...

You should not trick people into harming their computer, this is not nice :(

PS. as I said in another thread... defragging has nothing to do with alignment, defragging does not magically correct your drive's alignment.
taltamir, bit of advice ---

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

gorr30

Nov 6, 2010
Obvious troll is obvious :p
And yes, taltamir stop feeding the troll and go answer to that other post of mine about how I should arrange my Sata devices. It gets no love :p

Last edited:

Voo

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2009
Actually that's pretty solid proof that he's giving deliberately misadvice to people, which should have some consequences. No idea why he is allowed to troll around~

gobotron

Mar 8, 2011
man!!! the time it took me to read this!!! I could have just spent waiting on a slow hdd for about 5 years worth!!!

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
I waited a long time to go SSD and in the end I wound up doing exactly as Taltamir suggested - set AHCI and installed Win7. No problems - except that now I have less than 10GB left.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
I waited a long time to go SSD and in the end I wound up doing exactly as Taltamir suggested - set AHCI and installed Win7. No problems - except that now I have less than 10GB left.

How much ram do you have & how big is your SSD?

jvroig

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
This thread did die already, but it was revived by a cookie-stuffing spam-bot, which flamenko must have seen before we managed to clean it up.

Locking the thread now. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Moderator jvroig

Status
Not open for further replies.