How to categorize Dr. Paul's political views

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Is Dr. Paul a

• mostly Paleocon

• Paleocon/libertarian hybrid

• closet anarchist

• purely libertarian

• too hard to tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
How did I start out insulting? You're the one who began, I just ended it by thoroughly trashing your points. You haven't countered one single point I've made, you just dodge and hustle, like every other Ron Paul Bot when faced with reality.

You'r really full of yourself aren't you? Interest doesn't matter lol.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You'r really full of yourself aren't you? Interest doesn't matter lol.

I already explained to you why, why don't you do something novel and actually counter my argument.

I expect some great, unique quip from you like...

"lol, interest rates don't matter, you're full of shit, lol".

Which, naturally, I will respond AGAIN, for your rationale to counter my argument. Which, yet again, you will dodge with some witty and intelligent "lol" response.

This is what debating with Ron Paul Bots usually consists of, ignorant remarks repeated ad nauseum with some type of personal attack. Although I will say, at least bamacre never called me a "lovely human" like you did. You get points for originality there.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
If you actually knew anything about the current financial crisis and its causes, you'd realize that low rates had absolutely nothing to do with the crisis. Th

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/09/mortgage-bankruptcy-foreclosure-opinions-columnists-zywicki.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/03/explaining-the-impact-of-ultra-low-rates-to-greenspan/

Alan Greenspan said:
"The house price bubble was engendered by low interest rates, but not the short-term rates controlled by central banks, it was the long-term rates"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/...-inside-Greenspans-Fed-as-housing-bubble-grew

:rolleyes:

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Alan Greenspan said:
"The house price bubble was engendered by low interest rates, but not the short-term rates controlled by central banks, it was the long-term rates"

Can't The Fed control long term rates by buying and selling bonds of the appropriate duration? Isn't that how they kept mortgage rates so low in late 2008 - early 2009?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Ritholtz is wrong. I've already explained that.

And as I said, many times, interest rates for long-term products, such as 30-year mortgages WERE affected, but only because risk-premiums were squeezed. HOWEVER, when it comes down to "affordability" products, they were completely delinked from long-term or short-term rates. Considering the Fed cannot directly affect short-term rates, unless other measures are used (and they weren't), the FFR didn't touch long-term rates (which didn't matter anyway for the worst of the subprime). His points are also for the credit bubble in general, but also aren't hitting the button, as it doesn't discuss the real reasons for the bubble. If anything he's just pointing to the simpler explanation since people like you wouldn't "get" it (as you don't now).

Any fucking moron with a brain can tell that, even us "faggots" as you label us.

Yet again, you fail to do any analysis and just link shit. Do you even think on your own or is there a puppeteer that does everything for you.

Momma wipe your ass too?

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Ritholtz is wrong. I've already explained that.

And as I said, many times, interest rates for long-term products, such as 30-year mortgages WERE affected, but only because risk-premiums were squeezed. HOWEVER, when it comes down to "affordability" products, they were completely delinked from long-term or short-term rates. Considering the Fed cannot directly affect short-term rates, unless other measures are used (and they weren't), the FFR didn't touch long-term rates (which didn't matter anyway for the worst of the subprime). His points are also for the credit bubble in general, but also aren't hitting the button, as it doesn't discuss the real reasons for the bubble. If anything he's just pointing to the simpler explanation since people like you wouldn't "get" it (as you don't now).

Any fucking moron with a brain can tell that, even us "faggots" as you label us.

Yet again, you fail to do any analysis and just link shit. Do you even think on your own or is there a puppeteer that does everything for you.

Momma wipe your ass too?

You are pathetic. Alan Greenspan said interest rates effected the crisis, and the best you can come up with to offset your fail is "Momma wipe your ass too?" Funny how the people responsible admit it, but you are still trying to weasel.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You are pathetic. Alan Greenspan said interest rates effected the crisis, and the best you can come up with to offset your fail is "Momma wipe your ass too?" Funny how the people responsible admit it, but you are still trying to weasel.

Ever listen, or analyze Alan Greenspan? Try it again.

With respects to subprime mortgages, they were detached from rates. Are you fucking dense to that point?

It's also funny how the people "responsible" won't come out with the level of detail I have. It's because the politicians wouldn't get it, like their constituents, because they don't want to think. Toss 'em a bone, which also contributes to ignorance like yours.

Hey, at least it was better than calling somebody a "lovely human" because they can't debate anything.