• closet anarchist

• purely libertarian

• too hard to tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I've always wondered if he's an anarchist like me. But then he holds some paleoconservative views that aren't consistent with anarchy. But then I also hold those same views.

Do you guys think he's a closet anarchist? That would be cool if he is an anarchist.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Lots of big words that mean nothing to me. I grant you no points for using them.

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010
I said closet anarchist, because this statist shit will do that to you. Imagine being a libertarian, but being in politics in this country for the past 20 years. You'd be so anarchist and you'd lie that you weren't so hard.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
you should edit your first post to include a definition of paleocon. Also, who cares?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
His ideas are important, even if they are pipe dreams. I'd put him very close to a classic libertarian.

Oct 30, 2004
I hope Ron Paul and (Ayn) Rand Paul drop off the face of society in the near future so that the populace can debate the merits of more worthy politicians.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Where's "insane"? I thought I was a Ron Paul supporter until I heard him talk. His ideas will literally cripple the country if they were put in place.

The only thing I support him on are his isolationist views. No reason we need to be forking over billions of our money to fund phony wars chasing the boogie man.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Where's "insane"? I thought I was a Ron Paul supporter until I heard him talk. His ideas will literally cripple the country if they were put in place.

The only thing I support him on are his isolationist views. No reason we need to be forking over billions of our money to fund phony wars chasing the boogie man.

The things that would "cripple" the country, which they wouldn't, need to be done. Our nation has all but instituted irresponsibility, that has to change.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

the problem with isolationism is that people fighting wars with eachother aren't drinking Coke and eating Big Macs.

peace goes a long way towards prosperity and acting as the world police is generally a pretty good way to maintain it.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
The things that would "cripple" the country, which they wouldn't, need to be done. Our nation has all but instituted irresponsibility, that has to change.

None of his ideas need to be enacted to ensure long-term viability of this country. He is a fool and even worse, an ignorant idealistic fool. He blames boogey-men (Fed) for all of the ills of society while looking not to the problem (the people's education and psychology).

Libertopians take the worst of all humanity and blame it on boogeymen to further their ideals. They assume that once you get rid of the boogeymen, utopia will reign and the world will be perfect. It's an asinine and insane assumption.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
None of his ideas need to be enacted to ensure long-term viability of this country. He is a fool and even worse, an ignorant idealistic fool. He blames boogey-men (Fed) for all of the ills of society while looking not to the problem (the people's education and psychology).

Libertopians take the worst of all humanity and blame it on boogeymen to further their ideals. They assume that once you get rid of the boogeymen, utopia will reign and the world will be perfect. It's an asinine and insane assumption.

What took you so long? I figured your RP radar would have given you a migraine by now. Pardon me if I don't agree with your ignorant view, though I don't think it's so much ignorant as willfully deceitful.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
What took you so long? I figured your RP radar would have given you a migraine by now. Pardon me if I don't agree with your ignorant view, though I don't think it's so much ignorant as willfully deceitful.

Sorry to disappoint, I'm on vacation in HI.

If you actually knew anything about the current financial crisis and its causes, you'd realize that low rates had absolutely nothing to do with the crisis. This is completely counter to Paul's blathering bullshit boogeyman attacks.

Same thing with our debt. If it were taught early on how the government pays for things and the implications of debt, we'd have less of a problem. However, kids aren't taught the value of money, nor the benefits *AND* dangers of leverage, thus they go into the world ignorant. This isn't wholly education's fault as it is society's fault (parents) for not being smart themselves and imparting the wisdom. Ron Paul's ideas can't fix that any more than public education can. It's change that PEOPLE must make within THEMSELVES. Sure, cutting everything cold turkey might "fix" the problem, but it would also turn us into an economic wasteland dominated by anarchy.

The 18th century ideals of Paul fit with Jefferson's, disaggregation, agrarianism, and little/no involvement in the world (granted Jefferson didn't stick to all of those, but many). All of them are short-sighted and foolish, especially isolationism.

But hey, thanks for debating the points rather than myself, those strawmen and ad-hominem attacks other people throw around get so boring, I'm glad you stick to a much higher road.

Oops...

Last edited: