How to call 911 in another city, state?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
your friend is probably dead by now. good job!

why would you call 911 for your friend for getting a black eye? you do know that 911 is for emergencies right? Now if she called and said "HELP HELP HELP MY HUSBAND IS BEATING ME" then ya i would call 911. other than that i would keep my nose out of your friends domestic issues, its none of your business.

Last edited:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Leadership inaction is not the same as leadership in action...

Be sure to put a letter in the mail to inquire if she's still alive.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
A lady friend (living in TX) just got a call from her sister (living in GA) that her husband gave her a black eye. She (the GA lady) is too scared to call the police, may not have access to phone or may not be able to make phone call. My friend asked her sister to just give her a ring and hang up, if possible, to signal that situation is getting worse, in that case she will call the police for her, on her husband.

So the question to ATOT is how does my lady friend living in TX call 911 in her sister's city in GA?

<area code>-911
I've done it before and connected with the right parties.

Tell your lady friend not to worry as most chicks learn to LISTEN after one punch.

If my sister had a listening problem I would go check on things in person, armed.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Leadership inaction is not the same as leadership in action...

Be sure to put a letter in the mail to inquire if she's still alive.

Well the update is that alls well, nothing else happened after that, he apologized and all that...

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
your friend is probably dead by now. good job!

why would you call 911 for your friend for getting a black eye? you do know that 911 is for emergencies right? Now if she called and said "HELP HELP HELP MY HUSBAND IS BEATING ME" then ya i would call 911. other than that i would keep my nose out of your friends domestic issues, its none of your business.

well, I didnt put my nose anywhere, neither was I planning to call the cops, it was my friend's sister, and I was just trying to help her find the information.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
We all understand that, guy is abusive but they have kids and its not easy breaking up the family. Most of the time guy is OK, bearable, it's just that his mother came to visit them for 6 months and situation has gone downhill from there, the lady is also outspoken and that makes the situation worse, the guy has been trying to balance things between his mother and wife and I guess he just lost it last night... the MiL will go back in December, hopefully things will get better after that...

indian friends i assume. typical indian drama, his wife vs his momma. followed by black eye and spice chai. oh my.