Question how to calculate network needs

reub

Sep 3, 2022
I have a node that requires 25 Mb download and 25 Mb upload speed.

do I have to have at least 50 Mb of each in order to run 2 of these nodes?

in order to start the node, they have to pass a benchmark test every 45 minutes or so.

they both pass the benchmark phase to begin and throughout part of a day but when I check later both are off.
I have been successful at keeping one node running for more than 24 hours.

so I assume it is my network upload speed that could be causing the issue

I have gig service that clocks 400 Mb download and about 40 Mb upload.

any help would be greatly appriciated

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Gig at 400/40 isn't gig. I'm going to take a stable and say you're using cable? Also, probably using WiFi instead of Ethernet.

Not sure what you're running but, if you can stagger the health check manually or disable it after the initial check you might have better results.

reub

Sep 3, 2022
Gig at 400/40 isn't gig. I'm going to take a stable and say you're using cable? Also, probably using WiFi instead of Ethernet.

Not sure what you're running but, if you can stagger the health check manually or disable it after the initial check you might have better results.

reub

Sep 3, 2022
yes you are correct my service does not reflect what my bill says. not the point really I definitely do not have a download speed issue.

no I cant change as far as I know.

I take it you have no answer for the question

thank you

reub

Sep 3, 2022
25Mb download and 25Mb upload per machine or node as I have them in a vm environment on 1 machine

question is do you calculate that I must have at least 50 Mb upload to speed to run both

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Ok, so you're running 2 VM's on a single PC. Are you doing a virtual NIC / single port for both machines or do you have a multiport NIC connecting back to the network? This is for mining ETH? IIRC bandwidth wasn't really an issue for mining it was more HW intensive.

reub

Sep 3, 2022
i am using Proxmox to set up the vm's
not eth mining
i am hosting a node on a vm server through Proxmox

whith ubuntu focal server os.
the requirement are 25 download and 25 upload Mb

I have actual coming through my service is 400 download 40 upload

I assume I need 50 upload to make them both stable ?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
If there is a 25Mbps/25Mbps requirement for each node and they will test it regularly,

why do you think you can get by without fulfilling the requirement when you have 2 VMs?