Question How to buy a 6700 XT?

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001
So I want to buy one of the new 6700 XT's. Anyone have a good suggestion to improve my chances? Do I sit on newegg constantly refreshing on the day the go live and hit buy when they first appear? I don't care if its reference or custom (we'll, I actually do but I'll take what I can get).

If we can buy reference cards direct from AMD I suspect that may be the better route. Thoughts?

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001
I read that AMD will be selling them direct. Maybe they'll have a better system to buy it. Being new maybe the Bots or script kiddies wont have it figured out at launch giving us gamers a better chance.

Reactions: Tlh97 and Leeea

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Hmm, doesn't feel right sacrificing somebody else's child and I'm kinda fond of mine (most of the time). Any other ideas?

See if you can set them up to try and buy cards from different sites when they go live. They probably aren't as fast as bots, but they're better than nothing I suppose. If you start training them now, you can probably get them to click mouses with both hands which doubles the number of sites you can try to get a card from.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
I read that AMD will be selling them direct. Maybe they'll have a better system to buy it. Being new maybe the Bots or script kiddies wont have it figured out at launch giving us gamers a better chance.

From my personal experience, bots work on amd.com. I suspect it is the only way to snag one from amd.com.

... I have yet to receive the card I used the bot to purchase*, but I have a receipt from AMD now so it is looking good.

*purchased on 3/4

Last edited:
Reactions: blckgrffn

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
So I want to buy one of the new 6700 XT's. Anyone have a good suggestion to improve my chances? Do I sit on newegg constantly refreshing on the day the go live and hit buy when they first appear? I don't care if its reference or custom (we'll, I actually do but I'll take what I can get).

If we can buy reference cards direct from AMD I suspect that may be the better route. Thoughts?
Newegg has a lottery system you have to enter, it's not about being fast. Direct from AMD might be your best bet. Maybe also a smaller site that doesn't get much traffic. If you're really desperate you can wait overnight at a Mircocenter or Best Buy that's going to get a shipment.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
See if you can set them up to try and buy cards from different sites when they go live. They probably aren't as fast as bots, but they're better than nothing I suppose. If you start training them now, you can probably get them to click mouses with both hands which doubles the number of sites you can try to get a card from.
"Daddy! Daddy! I did the checkout"

$2000 in Robux.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
I am starting to think we need our own Anandtech bot army.

From my personal experience, bots work on amd.com. I suspect it is the only way to snag one from amd.com.

... I have yet to receive the card I used the bot to purchase*, but I have a receipt from AMD now so it is looking good.

*purchased on 3/4

Oh nice, what did you buy?

Last edited:

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Moloch was not appeased and I've gone through all my children, and I'm too attached to my dog. I'm hoping to get a 6800XT myself this decade so good luck to everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: lightmanek

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Yes! Could you, say, arm your bot for a 6800xt for a new best friend?!? ;)

see:
https://github.com/jef/streetmerchant/wiki/Installation:-Windows

settings I was using:
HEADLESS=true
LOW_BANDWIDTH=true
PAGE_SLEEP_MIN=12000
PAGE_SLEEP_MAX=24000
SHOW_ONLY_SERIES=rx6800xt,rx6900xt,rx6800
STORES=amd

I turned the sound volume very loud, and it went off on a Thursday morning at a bit of a random time, about an hour and a half after the expected drop time.

------------------------

fyi: the 6800xt dropped the same time as the 6900xt on amd's store, but I was not even able to get close to buying one of those. Looking back on the bots logs the product page for the 6800xt stopped responding before the drop, and did not start responding until after they were all gone. Most likely swarms of bots were just nailing that with some sort of ddos effect. I think all the bots fighting over the 6800xt is why I was able to get a 6900xt.

I would have preferred the 6800xt or 3080 at msrp, but newegg has been dropping shit like this:
or
even then nearly impossible to get.

Bestbuy also has a bit of a markup going:
and Bestbuy is ruled by the robot. You can see it in how slow the page loads. It is just getting pounded 24/7.

Last edited: