Question how to boot to uefi in biostar motherboard

RobBorg

Jul 25, 2020
I cannot install Windows 7 pro 64 bit gpt hard drive with biostar HiFi a85w motherboard and want to know how I may set biostar bios to uefi mode to install Windows to gpt format hard drive??

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
How are you installing 7 pro Rob, from USB or DVD? In the boot menu, click on the CSM parameters. CSM, and the boot option of UEFI and Legacy, are the defaults. You should just have to put your win 7 install device as the first boot device in boot options. But if you want to set everything to UEFI only, that is where you do it. Also, in the advanced menu, under the SATA config, I would set the onchip SATA type to AHCI, as it looks like that board defaults to native IDE.

RobBorg

Jul 25, 2020
I am installing from fat32 formatted usb flash drive that will boot in uefi mode;the problem I have though is that (I previously converted the 3 terabyte data drive to gpt format by way of diskpart)when I get to choosing the partitions in 7 setup,I am given either a pop up stating the windows cannot be installed to gpt partition(!!??!!)and if a choose to format the hard drive within 7 setup I'm only left to formatting 2 tb of disk space so I am thinking that I am not booted into "uefi mode" in my biostar bios?!?
I have found a windows utility online that claims to install any uefi compatible version of windows not 64 bit,but have not tried it yet.....
I don't think that it would help me much if my biostar hi fi a85w MB has a faulty(assuming it's faulty and not my error...lol)UEFI mode!?!

RobBorg

Jul 25, 2020
I am installing from fat32 formatted usb flash drive that will boot in uefi mode;the problem I have though is that (I previously converted the 3 terabyte data drive to gpt format by way of diskpart)when I get to choosing the partitions in 7 setup,I am given either a pop up stating the windows cannot be installed to gpt partition(!!??!!)and if a choose to format the hard drive within 7 setup I'm only left to formatting 2 tb of disk space so I am thinking that I am not booted into "uefi mode" in my biostar bios?!?
I have found a windows utility online that claims to install any uefi compatible version of windows nt 64 bit,but have not tried it yet.....
I don't think that it would help me much if my biostar hi fi a85w MB has a faulty(assuming it's faulty and not my error...lol)UEFI mode!?!

win 7 ultimately 64 bit gpt install update
I have solved the uefi booting problem