How the Expiring Bush Tax Cuts Affect You

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
which is respectively 28K and 40K per year before tax's.

Your dumber then a truck.

EnglishMotherfuckerDoYouSpeakIt.gif

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
They get no benefits and thats a base pay rate of $38K a year.

carry on to

How the fuck do you get $170K from $17 hourly.

a temp LOL. what a great job to. :rolleyes:

you are a fucking dumbass

So when the average worker in Missouri is paid 70k, what does that mean? I don't know anyone in the manufacturing industry making under 25$ a hour plus benefits.

I guess Missouri is the super manufacturing place to be ahhahaha. I doubt any of you know WTH you are talking about.

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
So when the average worker in Missouri is paid 70k, what does that mean? I don't know anyone in the manufacturing industry making under 25$ a hour plus benefits.

I guess Missouri is the super manufacturing place to be ahhahaha. I doubt any of you know WTH you are talking about.

the average median wage in missouri is 28K per year.

Its right on the fucking IRS website.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
This wasn't passed through a normal vote though, it was passed through reconsciliation. Basically the Republicans didn't actually have the votes they needed at the time, so they found a loophole and forced it through. But the loophole wasn't perfect, it had a 10-year limit by law (Byrd rule) since it increases the deficit.

That sounds plausible, but I thought I remembered that the reason for the expiration was that without it, the deficit projections were so sky-high that they had to put in the expiration to get them politically acceptable, even though it was sneaky since they wanted to renew them.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
TEMPS don't get benefits. they can buy them. overtime. who the fuck pays overtime.

THATS WHY THEY HAVE TEMPS. SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY OVERTIME.

IDOIT !!!!:thumbsdown:

The Fortune 50 company I work for pays OT to temps alllll the time.

Idiot :p

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
The Fortune 50 company I work for pays OT to temps alllll the time.

Idiot :p

your the exception not the rule. Moron. One of my parents was a VP for stafmax. I know all about the fucking temp bussiness. Used to work in it and I know the in and outs of those contracts.

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
your the exception not the rule. Moron. One of my parents was a VP for stafmax. I know all about the fucking temp bussiness. Used to work in it and I know the in and outs of those contracts.

I agree. If a company is paying overtime to temp employees on a regular basis, they're morons.

The other guy should be pissed: that's money that could be spent giving raises / incentives in addition to employing many, many more people and easing the burden of work across all levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16, 2000
You're numbers are way off. A dual income family is going to get hit real hard by that one. This aspect along with the Obama tax hikes is going to prevent most middle class people from taking vacations and otherwise spending that money.

Not really. The average savings for the middle 20% was about $600. That's a whopping $1200/yr in your two-income scenario. Yeah, it's something, but not much really in the grand scheme of things.

May 16, 2000
Absolutely. Two manufacturing jobs get that. Let alone two white collar professionals.

Bullshit. The numbers are in stone and available for all to see. Only about 4-5% of all households make that much. 8.59% of all individuals earn $85,000 or more. That's it. Period. End of discussion.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
LOL, I see that Karl Rove's merry band of propagandista's are still hard at work in these forums. So funny.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Look at the tax rates. The biggest cuts were for the low and middle class.

The biggest net change in percentage were for the low and middle class.

The biggest net change in dollars was for the upper class.

Do you really not see this? Or are you intentionally blind?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Funny how for liberals "fair share" always means someone else must pay more so they can freeload off the system.

Bingo.

How is me paying XXXX taxes and utilizing X benefits fair compared to someone paying X and utilizing XXXX benefits. Liberals have an illogical vision of "fairness". It just boggles my mind.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Obama is fighting to extend these tax cuts, and he written congress recently to get them to do so. The tax cut on the rich though should be allowed to expire, and even increased. We don't tax the rich enough.

I know, those eebbbbiiillll rich folk. Tax them to eternity and back.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
It is time to burn the capitol. Also killing off about 70% of the national population based on Iq would be a good start to. set the bar low to. say 100IQ points in a noraml national standardized test.

I see the under your so called purge that things would be awfuly empty in ModestGamer household.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The biggest net change in percentage were for the low and middle class.

The biggest net change in dollars was for the upper class.

Do you really not see this? Or are you intentionally blind?

No shit. That isn't hard to understand. When you pay 50-100K in taxes in taxes any small reduction in the tax rate is going to be larger dollars than somebody that only pays 10K.

But you proved my point, the biggest tax reductions were for poor and middle class. And letting the bush tax cuts expire will be a big increase in taxes for ALL, specifically the lower and middle class.

FBHO

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
No shit. That isn't hard to understand. When you pay 50-100K in taxes in taxes any small reduction in the tax rate is going to be larger dollars than somebody that only pays 10K.

But you proved my point, the biggest tax reductions were for poor and middle class. And letting the bush tax cuts expire will be a big increase in taxes for ALL, specifically the lower and middle class.

FBHO

It doesn't equate to anything. these same low income morons voted for bush and his wars and his spending and the fucking BILL IS DUE.

Pay up.