How spam works..

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000
I just read the article How Spam Works i'm sure some of you have already read it, or already know how this all works, but I couldn't believe what I read on there. It seems like the problem is getting so out of hand, that regular e-mail will have to be done with alternate methods in the future.

It also stated:

With all of Europe set to implement Opt-in legislation by October, Europe has taken the lead in banning spam. But the United States is going in the opposite direction, legislating Opt-out instead of Opt-in and looks set to explode the spam problem many times worse than it is today, incredibly by actually legalizing spam instead of banning it. US Congress is just months away from giving Unsolicited Bulk e-mail the green light and unleashing the spamming power of 23 Million American businesses onto an Internet which already can not cope with the billions of unsolicited bulk mailings sent by just 200 businesses. As spammers applaud the introduction of pro-spam Bills, we look at why spammers now cheer so loudly for Congressman Billy Tauzin

How true is this statement? why would the United States want to legalize spam? I see no valid reason. Also, do you believe that in the future, regular e-mail will be gone and we will have to send messages an alternate way?

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
I like spam when fried on the stove, with a lil bit of sugar to glaze it. Mmmmmmmmmm....:p

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Spam spam spam and egg.
spam spam spam spam egg spam spam & spam
spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

I believe it. One guy here in the office gets 260 e-mail message a day. I'd say 60 are ligit.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
why would the United States want to legalize spam? I see no valid reason.

Maybe congress is finding it to be unconstitutional to make spam illegal. You know, freedom of speech and all.

I found it interesting what some email companies (ex. hotmail, yahoo) are doing. They make you type in some text you see on the screen that is not readily recognizable by a computer. Its all jumbled up, but still legible. That way spammers have to personally create an account, instead of having a program do it for them.

Lvis

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I wonder why more of a "grass roots" effort isn't put into encouraging people not to buy the crap these bastards are trying to sell.

If no one bought anything from them, they would stop sending it.

And who are the tards that do, anyway? Are there that many people feeling inadequate about their you know what size?