How redicuolous can Netanyuhu get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Are you completely oblivious to all the statements that have been made to that effect? Do I need to repost the links once again where the sentiment has been expressed over and over? I don't even need to use the contested "wiped off the map" statement to back up my claim. But keep pretending it's only about that one statement because your argument disintegrates into dust otherwise.

Ok post them

Sep 12, 2004
Ok post them
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/03/AR2006080300629.html

PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3356154,00.html

Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report. Iran's official FARS news agency also reported the comments.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L- 3327439,00.html

“The western powers created the Zionist regime in order to expand their control of the area. This regime massacres Palestinians everyday, but since this regime is against nature, we will soon witness its disappearance and destruction,” Ahmadinejad said. (AFP)

http://www.iranfocus.com/en/?option=com_content&task=view&id=7166

“If the West does not support Israel, this regime will be toppled”, Ahmadinejad told a student gathering in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.

“As it has lost its raison d’être, Israel will be annihilated”, he said.

Do you need to see more because there are many more similar statements by that douchebag.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
The Israeli regime, the Zionist regime, and of course your other 2 links are from 2006...
Keep on trying

Sep 12, 2004
The Israeli regime, the Zionist regime, and of course your other 2 links are from 2006...
Keep on trying
I backed up my claim. Keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending none of those statements really exist (as if the fact some of the statements were made in 2006 somehow invalidates them).

Sheesh, the Iran apologists in this place are "redicuolous."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I backed up my claim. Keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending none of those statements really exist (as if the fact some of the statements were made in 2006 somehow invalidates them).

Heh. It's just Iran's way of saying "regime change". Just because one sounds nicer to our ears than the other doesn't mean that they're really different, at all. Iran recognizes it would take a lot of blood, we try to pretend that it wouldn't.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Dancing...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Dancing...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Earl JUST HIT MY FUNNY BONE,

We are not talking about dancing with the stars here, we are talking about Bozo Netanyuhu dancing with cars, trucks, and trains. Go ahead Bozo, go play in traffic kid, the only end outcome can be getting run over by a 6 billion people world.

Its the law of comparative tonnages, a six million people nation can easily get run over if they screw with world oil flow.

Sep 12, 2004
Heh. It's just Iran's way of saying "regime change". Just because one sounds nicer to our ears than the other doesn't mean that they're really different, at all. Iran recognizes it would take a lot of blood, we try to pretend that it wouldn't.
Uh huh. If Netanyahu publicly expressed the desire for the destruction or annihilation of Iran's "regime" you and LL would go ballistic over such a statement.

Here's a simple fact. Iran can't tolerate a Jewish state in the ME. You cannot destroy or annihilate the Israeli "regime" without destroying Israel in the process. All the semantic handwaving in the world doesn't and won't change that.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Earl JUST HIT MY FUNNY BONE,

We are not talking about dancing with the stars here, we are talking about Bozo Netanyuhu dancing with cars, trucks, and trains. Go ahead Bozo, go play in traffic kid, the only end outcome can be getting run over by a 6 billion people world.

Its the law of comparative tonnages, a six million people nation can easily get run over if they screw with world oil flow.

Attempt to blame Israel for actions by Iran. Unless Israel targets the oil facilities of IRan; you are agin blowing smoke. Abbreviated as BS

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Attempt to blame Israel for actions by Iran. Unless Israel targets the oil facilities of IRan; you are agin blowing smoke. Abbreviated as BS

Of course and "Six billion people" are going to attack Israel because Iran decides to cut oil. Then again for a sense of things see my sig.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Laughing because your dancing is terrible...

Of course you are, it's how you work.
I try my best not to do your dance.

TLC- The world is flat.
OE- What? no the world is round, people have know this for a very long time
TLC- LOL are you retarted?? Look out your window, you can see with your own eyes the horizon is flat
OE- Sigh, listen..walk over to that mountain there in the distance and climb on up and tell me how that horizon looks
TLC- WTF are you retarded?? You know as well as I do I would suffocate up there.
OE- Ok how about this, open google earth, zoom out a bit and tell me what you see
TLC- Ummmm, you really are retarded aren't you.. lay your monitor down flat, it may be circular, but it's still flat.
OE- Loads up BF3 and has some fun

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Uh huh. If Netanyahu publicly expressed the desire for the destruction or annihilation of Iran's "regime" you and LL would go ballistic over such a statement.

Here's a simple fact. Iran can't tolerate a Jewish state in the ME. You cannot destroy or annihilate the Israeli "regime" without destroying Israel in the process. All the semantic handwaving in the world doesn't and won't change that.

Nice strawman wrt to what you claim I'd do. Netanyahu & the American Right are already doing it, just using different words. I haven't gone ballistic.

Semantic handwaving? It's your specialty, doing so even as you claim it's really the other side...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Dodging the obvious isn't easy, but you keep trying.

Explain how the price of oil wouldn't soar in the wake of Israeli attack, regardless of Iranian actions or lack thereof. Modern communications being what they are, speculators would drive the price though the sky the moment that a massive Israeli strike force was detected, even before the first bomb fell. Insurance companies would assume the Persian Gulf to be a war zone, and oil tankers don't go anywhere w/o insurance.

Explain how Israel can attack w/o the passivity of a state or states located between Israel & Iran, and how Iran couldn't see that as a declaration of hostilities by those parties, retaliate with military action of their own.

Obviously, collapse of the Syrian regime would allow Israel to attack across their airspace & that of Iraq, who has no airforce, sidestepping that issue, which is probably why Iran is supporting Assad...

Both Jordan & KSA would be forced to engage Israeli forces violating their airspace. Regardless of the outcome, they'd suffer very significant losses in doing so. Their own people would demand it.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The nations surrounding Israel are pretty small in size (the ones Israel would need to fly over at least). They could cross the nation long before those nations could respond to the flight. They can cross Jordan in about 15 minutes, provided they are flying at 1800 mph (F-15s can go faster than this).

They can also fly below radar, which they are good at doing.

Sep 12, 2004
Of course you are, it's how you work.
I try my best not to do your dance.

TLC- The world is flat.
OE- What? no the world is round, people have know this for a very long time
TLC- LOL are you retarted?? Look out your window, you can see with your own eyes the horizon is flat
OE- Sigh, listen..walk over to that mountain there in the distance and climb on up and tell me how that horizon looks
TLC- WTF are you retarded?? You know as well as I do I would suffocate up there.
OE- Ok how about this, open google earth, zoom out a bit and tell me what you see
TLC- Ummmm, you really are retarded aren't you.. lay your monitor down flat, it may be circular, but it's still flat.
OE- Loads up BF3 and has some fun
It's more like this:

Me: Einstein said that energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.

You: No he didn't. Einstein said E=mc2.

You asked for proof. I showed you proof and now you want to turn around and pretend Ahmadinejad didn't say those things. That's not my problem, pal, it's yours. All your herky-jerky dancing around to avoid the facts doesn't change them one iota.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
<snip>

Attempt to blame Israel for actions by Iran. Unless Israel targets the oil facilities of Iran; you are again blowing smoke. Abbreviated as BS
Dodging the obvious isn't easy, but you keep trying.

Explain how the price of oil wouldn't soar in the wake of Israeli attack, regardless of Iranian actions or lack thereof. Modern communications being what they are, speculators would drive the price though the sky the moment that a massive Israeli strike force was detected, even before the first bomb fell. Insurance companies would assume the Persian Gulf to be a war zone, and oil tankers don't go anywhere w/o insurance.

Explain how Israel can attack w/o the passivity of a state or states located between Israel & Iran, and how Iran couldn't see that as a declaration of hostilities by those parties, retaliate with military action of their own.

Obviously, collapse of the Syrian regime would allow Israel to attack across their airspace & that of Iraq, who has no airforce, sidestepping that issue, which is probably why Iran is supporting Assad...

Both Jordan & KSA would be forced to engage Israeli forces violating their airspace. Regardless of the outcome, they'd suffer very significant losses in doing so. Their own people would demand it.

See what happens when you take quotes/statements out of context. :colbert:

This is what LL stated. - Nowhere does he state anything about prices; He specifically called out oil FLOW

<snip>

He wants to blame Israel for Iran's actions.
I called him out on it - no response.

Oil prices are a different issue. He chose to not address them.
speculators have been driving up the cost ever since day 1 that the nuclear issue popped up on the radar screen based on statements from the US, UN ,EU, Russian and the UN as wells as Insurance companies.

Those have nothing to do with Israel; yet some people want to blame Israel for it.

If Israel chooses to attack Iran, it will have a price impact; Actions by Iran will have a much larger impact. And those actions are from Iran.

Sep 12, 2004
Nice strawman wrt to what you claim I'd do. Netanyahu & the American Right are already doing it, just using different words. I haven't gone ballistic.

Semantic handwaving? It's your specialty, doing so even as you claim it's really the other side...
Go ahead and join hands with Earl in the dance of avoidance and diversion regarding what Ahmadinejad said. I dub it the circle herky-jerky.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
See what happens when you take quotes/statements out of context. :colbert:

This is what LL stated. - Nowhere does he state anything about prices; He specifically called out oil FLOW

He wants to blame Israel for Iran's actions.
I called him out on it - no response.

Oil prices are a different issue. He chose to not address them.
speculators have been driving up the cost ever since day 1 that the nuclear issue popped up on the radar screen based on statements from the US, UN ,EU, Russian and the UN as wells as Insurance companies.

Those have nothing to do with Israel; yet some people want to blame Israel for it.

If Israel chooses to attack Iran, it will have a price impact; Actions by Iran will have a much larger impact. And those actions are from Iran.

Heh. Price & availability are the same thing in context- anything that costs more than what you can pay is essentially unavailable to you.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Go ahead and join hands with Earl in the dance of avoidance and diversion regarding what Ahmadinejad said. I dub it the circle herky-jerky.

I acknowledge what Iran has said- it's you who refuses to acknowledge that what the US & Israel have been saying is the same thing, couched in different terms. They can threaten to kill each other in a thousand different ways, but the threat is still the same.

I think Iran would do well to soften their rhetoric, but your position wouldn't change if Iran had used entirely different terms, like "regime change". You'd still be ideologically married to the expansionist Jewish State & all that it entails.