How often do you degauss your monitor?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Degaussing, if you have a Triniton be sure and scrool
down the page for the warning.

The function only does its thing on a cold start. A wake-up won't do it. It's only necessary if there is a color shift.

I'm still learning and that site is a good one to look over, at least it is for me.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Thegonagle
Originally posted by: Howard
I don't think my monitor has that function, unless it's automatic.

Or an LCD.

But, yes, it's automatic on all color CRTs, including televisions. (The built-in degaussing coil is what makes that "vwoommmp" sound on many CRTs when you turn them on.)

No no no... its "bwararararang" :p

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
Originally posted by: kenshorin
Originally posted by: Thegonagle
Originally posted by: Howard
I don't think my monitor has that function, unless it's automatic.

Or an LCD.

But, yes, it's automatic on all color CRTs, including televisions. (The built-in degaussing coil is what makes that "vwoommmp" sound on many CRTs when you turn them on.)

No no no... its "bwararararang" :p
That's like the sound my boomerang makes :confused:

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I turn off my monitor whenever I'm gonna be away from my computer for more than 15 minutes, so I've never had to.

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
my monitor has the loudest BAWAWAWAANGG startup noise in the history of ever. samsung 900nf anyone? nothing like a BWAWAWAWANNNGG CLICK in the morning to wake the whole family up.

NoReMoRsE

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
my monitor has the loudest BAWAWAWAANGG startup noise in the history of ever. samsung 900nf anyone? nothing like a BWAWAWAWANNNGG CLICK in the morning to wake the whole family up.

OMG sooo true. I have that monitor.