How often are we supposed to clean the bathroom?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
I think I'm neat but it seems my bathroom gets dirty to the point where it needs cleaning more often than I would like. How often do you guys clean your bathroom?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: StormRider
I think I'm neat but it seems my bathroom gets dirty to the point where it needs cleaning more often than I would like. How often do you guys clean your bathroom?
Once per week. I do not like even small signs of a dirty bathroom.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
We clean it every night Sunday through Thursday...of course, our bathroom gets used by at least 12 people, and by "we", I mean "freshmen". :p

Biannually whether it needs it or not ;)

In reality, once every two days, especially if there are male children in the house.

(Not so good at aiming)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
I clean it whenever i miss the bowl

EDIT: well, most of the time.

u miss the bowl MOST OF THE TIME???? ..

No, most of the time i miss the bowl, i'll clean it. Other time i'll just leave and have somebody else take the heat for it.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Well, it doesn't really ever get "cleaned" around here, as we can't afford cleaning products.

But we wipe stuff down with papertowls sometimes.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I seriously hate after taking a shower seeing the soap splattered all over the wall. I also have a problem touching dirty things. It just seems so dirty. I guess it's my OCD at hand.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
We clean it every night Sunday through Thursday...of course, our bathroom gets used by at least 12 people, and by "we", I mean "freshmen". :p

What about Thursday through Saturday?

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Konigin
Originally posted by: AvesPKS

What about Thursday through Saturday?

Friday night and Saturday night, we don't clean...so it doesn't get clean. For only two days, though, and it doesn't get too bad. You should see our bathrooms after we come back from the summer. People who live here over the summer don't clean unless they absolutely have to...the countertops in our bathrooms will be covered with literally a layer of dead bugs...it's disguisting.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: datalink7
Well, it doesn't really ever get "cleaned" around here, as we can't afford cleaning products.

But we wipe stuff down with papertowls sometimes.
Compared to the price of installing new bathroom tiles, cleaning products are cheap. Your grocery store should sell some cheaper "pine scented" cleaners for a buck or so. These can be dilluted with water so one bottle of cleaner will last you a few months. Plus, you should find some "rags" that you could wash in the washing machine when they get dirty because that would be cheaper than using paper towels - which are not cheap.

How often are we supposed to clean the bathroom?
It really depends. For us, every 1 - 2 weeks. However, I do apply "shower spray" which is made by Tilex after each shower so the tile stays pretty clean.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: StormRider

I have not heard any complains with cleaning it every couple of weeks. But then I live alone...