How much uglier can this election get??

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I'm actually surprised by the level of hatred splashed on her and her family. Everyone wants an outsider... someone 'normal' to hold positions of power instead of the career do-nothing, corrupt politicians we always get stuck with. Well, here comes normal. Ready, aim fire. I guess normal isn't good enough if she doesn't have the right letter after her name.
Actually we're attacking her because of a combination of two things:

1) She's one of the most socially conservative candidates to run for the executive branch in decades.

2) She's one of the least experienced candidates to run for the executive branch in decades.

I have no problem with her being conservative.

Please tell me what experience BHO has that makes him more qualified to be Prez, much less VP?

He was a community organizer. Oooo-k. Sarah was in the PTA. Push
He was a state senator... and routinely refused to vote yes or no. PRESENT!
He is a US senator... who has not authored or passed a single piece of legislation. Sarah was/is a governor. Sarah wins.

Really... What has BHO does to make him more qualified?

You make it sound like it is ok that she is inexperienced because she is "just" running for VP. That is just wrong, when McSame kicks the bucket in the next 4 year she would have less then a day to do nothing ex-beauty queen to leader of the free world.

I don't think anyone is trying to make it "ok". They are simply saying that the Dem's can't really criticize Palin on being inexperienced, like Jpeyton points out is one of her two flaws, when she has the same amount of (or more) experience than the Dem's primary candidate. Its called being hypocritical.

Why can't you people get that in your head?
Actually she has more Executive experience than McCain though he was a POW.

I didn't even want to debate whether or not Palin had experience. All that matters to me is Obama does not have MORE experience than her, so supporters of Obama should not criticize her for her experience level, regardless of what it is. If you criticize her level of experience you are also criticizing your own candidate, its both hypocritical and ignorant.

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: JS80

Dems ALWAYS lose on the issues. This is why it always comes down to personal attacks.

Erm, No.

August 08 (links to prior months on site)
http://www.rasmussenreports.co...t_importance_on_issues

Gov't Ethics & Corruption - Dems +16
Health Care - Dems +15
Economy - Dems +12
Education - Dems +10
Immigration - Dems +10
Iraq - Dems +9
Social Security - Dems +8
Abortion - Dems +7
Natl Security/WoT - Dems +4
Taxes - Dems -3

exactly proves my point. If you lay down all the facts and analysis, dems will ALWAYS lose on most issues. The fact that they are not debating the issues and voters and dems in general go by "feelings" is why the dems are up on polls.

The biggest joke on that is Economy. I mean really? Higher corporate tax, higher taxes in dividend and cap gains = better economy? That is just retardation.

SS dems? haha what a joke. Bush tried to reform and fucking dems killed it every time.

Health care dems - laff. tax and insure 40 million with no infrastructure to support it. Quick plant the magic beans that grow new doctors.

National security dems? srsly? lol.

Abortion - dems, yup they love to kill unborn babies and like to add shit to the constitution that doesn't belong there.

Education - NCLB? ted kennedey wrote that shit.

We all know all politicians are corrupt. Dems have just done a better job of labeling GOP as the corrupt ones.

This explains a lot about your reasoning.

You say Democrats always lose on the issues.
You are shown a poll that has Democrats winning on the issues.
You claim it supports your point because you don't agree.

Laff indeed.

I use posts like that to add to Jonk's List list of people to ignore and not bother responding to. At least on certain issues. Congrats JS!

Let's see, where to put you...

Butterbean (everything)
event8horizon (anything 9/11)
JS80 (things requiring logic)
lupi (everything)
techs (anything Hillary)

Welcome!

I had missed this gem. This is just beautiful.

JS80: Dems always lose on the issues!
jonks: This poll says that the public trust the dems more on the issues.
JS80: Well that just proves my point!
Rest of the world: ... What?

Somethings you guys say makes me LOL... this is definitely one of em!