How much trouble would I of gotten into If I was caught doing this?

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I went to Tx for 2 weeks and I went hunting. I put a .243 rifle bullet into my pocket of my jacket and forgot about it. Well on the flight home I was going to wear my jacket but I put my jacket in my checked luggage because I figured it would be warm on the plane. What would of happened to me if I accidently tried to go through security with a .243 rifle bullet in my pocket?

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Hrmm, was it just the bullet, or the bullet still within the casing with blackpowder, primer and all? If it was the former, probably not much, but if it was the latter you would probably have been searched along with all of your bags.

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Link

LONDON, Jan. 14 ? The British police said Wednesday that they had arrested a Sudanese man carrying five bullets after he arrived at Heathrow Airport on a flight from Dulles International Airport in Washington.

The 45-year-old man, who was not identified further, was initially charged with violating a firearms statute, but he was later held and questioned under Britain's antiterrorism laws, officials said.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
As long as you are not dark skinned or Middle Eastern (even slightly) they will understand that it was a mistake.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
well if you are weraing a hunting jacket then you are fine. if not then you ar fcked

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: crab
What airline??

It was America West (THEY SUCK, but that is another story)

I was putting on my jacket to come to work today and the bullet fell out (it hasn't been fired yet) . I nearly crapped my pants when I saw it because I knew I could of gotten into trouble if I would of worn it.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
would HAVE would HAVE would HAVE would HAVE would HAVE would HAVE

I believe it is a federal crime to bring ammunition onboard a plane, so at the least you would have been detained for questioning.

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: PipBoy

Heh beat me to it you bastid :p Oh well, would of, could of, should of. ;)

OP you should lern this cuz you mite loose out wen u gow 2 kollej

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
As long as you are not dark skinned or Middle Eastern (even slightly) they will understand that it was a mistake.

They'd still hold him for questioning for a while. Even though they (rightfully) do racial/ethnic profiling, they have to pretend that they don't just so the people who get upset at that kind of thing don't.

jsbush

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: morkinva

Heh beat me to it you bastid :p Oh well, would of, could of, should of. ;)

OP you should lern this cuz you mite loose out wen u gow 2 kollej

WHO CARES???????
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

They'd still hold him for questioning for a while. Even though they (rightfully) do racial/ethnic profiling, they have to pretend that they don't just so the people who get upset at that kind of thing don't.

Why rightfully?

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CanOWorms

Why rightfully?

How many non Middle Eastern terrorists have we had to deal with in the last 20 years?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
We've certainly had non middle eastern criminals and terrorists. not saying they should/should not profile. Its currently not my job to care. It it does become my job, then i'll figure it out.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Why rightfully?

How many non Middle Eastern terrorists have we had to deal with in the last 20 years?

A lot, just as white terrorists... many middle easterners look white, too.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Worst case scenario, they would have searched through all your luggage and kept you off the plane while they questioned you. At least I hope that's the worst case scenario.

Reminds me though of when I was boarding the Eurostar(?) from London to Paris. A friend of mine had packed some lunches in brown bags that included some fruit. He put a very sharp knife in one of them to peel the oranges. We got to the security checkpoint and things started getting congested so they just happened to let him and a few others pass through without having to go through the metal detector or put the sack lunches on the x-ray belt. He found the knife on the train and almost shat himself when he thought of how stupid he had been.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001

Why rightfully?

Not counting the Unabomber and Tim McVeigh are you? I don't really have a problem with the profiling though if that's what the agencies feel is the best way to do things, then I'm not going to be an armchair expert and argue with them.

Wintermute76

Jan 8, 2003
Originally posted by: KraziKid
Hrmm, was it just the bullet, or the bullet still within the casing with blackpowder, primer and all? If it was the former, probably not much, but if it was the latter you would probably have been searched along with all of your bags.

Blackpowder? :confused: You mean powder (smokeless)

ROSALIEPIZZA

Sep 18, 2000
...A hand search of the bag also turned up two road flares, four knives, 16 rounds of ammunition, a box cutter, lighter fluid and a lighter, according to the affidavit.

Johnson was charged with attempting to place an incendiary device on an airliner, a felony that carries up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine
USA TODAY article

They are looking to make some examples. Do not think profile has much to do with it
I read where they had a US Representative Dingle do a strip search cause he had screws in his hip

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000

Why rightfully?

because almost 20 arabs killed 3 thousand people and knocked down two rather large buildings that left alot of nasty dusty lying around NYC? people hate dusting after all....

Originally posted by: yellowfiero
Start talking southern, real fast!

dont joke about that. i have to live with myself knowing that i sound southern....it is not pleasant