How much is appropriate to spend on a gift for someone you've only been seeing for 2 weeks?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Sex Smurf
Originally posted by: iwantanewcomputer
anybody said dildo yet?

Gift is for her not him!

actually the gift is for HIM, not him

edit: by the way, that glass head thing is kinda crazy.. it would be a neat conversation piece.. "hey, nice glass head" .. "yah"

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Sigh...they didn't have the glass head in stock :( I'm going to order it online - I know he'll like it :p

Tonight I'll just give him a card, we'll go out and get drunk and stuff :p I'll just tell him I had to order it because it was out of stock.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I know you made up your mind, but if you really really like him and have money to spend, it shouldn't matter how long you have been dating.

I've dated girls for months that I didn't feel like spending more than $50 on. I would have spent a $10,000 on my wife within a week of meeting her.. It all depends on the person.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
I know you made up your mind, but if you really really like him and have money to spend, it shouldn't matter how long you have been dating.

I've dated girls for months that I didn't feel like spending more than $50 on. I would have spent a $10,000 on my wife within a week of meeting her.. It all depends on the person.

damn that sucks because of her paypal to me. ;)

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Ryan
Sigh...they didn't have the glass head in stock :( I'm going to order it online - I know he'll like it :p

Tonight I'll just give him a card, we'll go out and get drunk and stuff :p I'll just tell him I had to order it because it was out of stock.

Humjob and a sixpack was the way to go in the first place.
Remember, he's a guy, not a chick.