how much does UHAUL charge for a hitch installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Im thinking about putting a hitch on my 2008 Honda CRV. The website says $159 for the actual hitch. Does anyone know what they charge for the installation?

Plugers

Mar 22, 2002
I had to drill on my Caprice and it would have been a 30 minute install, but a mouse built a nest in the frame on the drivers side. I spent another 15 minutes with a hook made from a coat hanger pulling the nest out through a hole in the frame.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If no drill you can do it with just a wrench. If you have an older vehicle with rust around the holes, though, you may have issues. I certainly did installing a no-drill so it still took well over an hour as I had to grease/wire-brush the grime out of the holes so that the bolts would go in.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

I bought this one for a 2k accord from etrailer.com for $93 ($107 shipped), and it's awesome. No drilling, fit to the frame, and worked great across country. More $ is not necessarily better.

I think it took me a couple hours to install and had to use a rasp to open up a frame hole a little, but not having done this before, I went very slow.

Be sure to get a wire harness specifically for your car, so you can just plug it into a receptical that already exists on your car for it, near the rear tail lights. Mine was $25 from here (and $25 from amazon too iirc.)

/edit: one other thing, I had a long distance towing project, so I installed an aftermarket transmission oil cooler. HIGHLY recommended if towing a lot of weight or for long distances. That wasn't very difficult to do either and really helped my transmission (runs smoother in warm temps even w/o towing.)

(my thread from last year)

Last edited:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I had to drill on my Caprice and it would have been a 30 minute install, but a mouse built a nest in the frame on the drivers side. I spent another 15 minutes with a hook made from a coat hanger pulling the nest out through a hole in the frame.

haha :D

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
thanks for this thread...wife wanted to get one for our van and I was about to get it done...this seems like a piece of cake!

Thanks again,

Lee

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Local UHaul dealer would install at no charge if I purchased the hitch, ball & harness

dhc123

Aug 14, 2015
Uhaul is a rebranded hitch. I know [possible spam link removed] sells pretty much all of the hitches for every car. I bought mine there about a year ago. Pretty cheap.

---

Not sure if you intended to post a spam link, but I locked the thread because it's over four years old.

Harvey
Senior Anandtech Moderator/Adminstrator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.