How much does it cost to replace a hot water heater?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by glen, Feb 21, 2006.

1. slsmnaz

slsmnaz Diamond Member

Correct, but you have to go through the vendor to get the warranty, it doesn't come from the manuf. directly.

It is very easy to do yourself. With IPS connections or the use of CPVC, you won't even have to solder (or buy a torch).

2. QED

QED Diamond Member

No, I'm talking about a whole-house heater-- not just an undercounter one. But thanks for telling me what I have and what I don't have.

Actually, in all honesty it was a "whole-condo" heater as I put the unit in my 2 bedroom, 1 bath condo. If I had two bathrooms, I would have gone for a more powerful unit.

3. Armitage

Armitage Banned

Shrug - I'll let you know how it goes in about 10 years. I had no problem walking into HD and walking out with a pressure relief valve for a friends 7 year old HD water heater - under warranty.

4. slsmnaz

slsmnaz Diamond Member

A whole-house GAS tankless heater for $100?(since that's what the discussion was about, not electric) Sorry if I don't believe you.

5. Armitage

Armitage Banned

He already said electric - regardless, it's about an order of magnitude off from my experience so I'm curious as to what it actually is.

6. QED

QED Diamond Member

Reading is fundamental... I've said several times my unit is electric.

7. slsmnaz

slsmnaz Diamond Member

I bet it's something like this and that make sense. I work in this industry and just get tired of hearing all the HD and Lowes horror stories. GJ if you got yours taken care of, but you are in the minority.

Eemax elec htr

8. teckmaster

teckmaster Golden Member

the tankless systems are the most efficient. Sure they cost a little more but when you are in the shower, you don't have to worry about the water going cold on you. Also from any faucet in your house you should have hot water in about 10 seconds or less.