How much do you pay for your gym membership?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
10$ a month at Gym-X. Mainly for the cardio machines but also for the weights (I have a lift cage, but it's outside and I don't want to wake up the neighbors lifting and grunting at 3am). They even have 3 tanning booths but I'm still reading about those to figure out if they'll give me cancer or not. :p

dailow

Oct 27, 2001
$20/mth, and a $35 yearly "maintenance fee" that they charge.
I'm generally there 5-6 days a week.

My gripes have to do with idiots not putting their weights away, and the fact that it opens up at 8 AM on weekends. Would love to be a member of a 24/7 gym, but there aren't any near me that would make it worthwhile.

aldensmith

Feb 21, 2019
I pay $50 a month with 5 days working. I like my gym because there I got dietician as well as a personal trainer with no timings barrier. Also, it is very clean and has everything that I need.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Realized this was an old thread after scrolling down and seeing that Trek. Was wondering why someone is posting a still shot of a bike with 2014 suspension components on it...then looked at the date. Feels like I took the long way around that piece of information.

I go to the gym in the small town I work in which is not where I live. It's $30/m and includes 24/7 access which I don't use. The equipment is older but it has most of what I need. I like it because often times there is only 1 or 2 people in there including myself. Which means I never have to wait for anything. I live directly across the street from a nice gym that's way too full. I use to go there but even if I showed up at 7-8pm at night I would constantly have to wait to use stuff.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Old thread, yeah. Oh well.

I pay $59.95 for my wife and I per month. But my job pays me about $120 a week to work out, so really I dont pay anything. Use the extra for pre workout, protein, clothes, or anything else pertaining to the gym.

CalebRockeT

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Old thread, yeah. Oh well.

I pay $59.95 for my wife and I per month. But my job pays me about $120 a week to work out, so really I dont pay anything. Use the extra for pre workout, protein, clothes, or anything else pertaining to the gym.

Your job pays you over $6000 annually to work out? Is this fairly common to see? I've never heard of that sort of situation. That's awesome.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I've never seen anything that good. I know various individuals that get roughly that amount per month which he may have meant and mistyped.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Yeah I've never seen any health benefits that pay that much. Our company pays like 25/mo but you have to go through specific companies. No thanks.

I pay about 180/mo for crossfit and 24hr access to an Olympic weightlifting center. Good price for CF.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Your job pays you over $6000 annually to work out? Is this fairly common to see? I've never heard of that sort of situation. That's awesome.

Yes, 2 hours of OT a week to work out. Supposed to be three 40 min sessions. Only catch is you arent supposed to use free weights, because they think you have a higher chance for injury. Like dropping the weight doing a chest fly and tearing a rotator cuff or something. On our time sheet we just check box what day we go. They make no effort to check or anything though.

No, I dont think its fairly common to see. I am a fed gov contractor. We have certain standards to maintain.

Edit, we also get $350 first of every October for shoes and clothes to wear for physical exercise.

Last edited:

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
I pay $39 a month at Anytime Fitness, and I go about 30 days a month so my cost is pretty low. Oh and my insurance pace $25 of that $29 so my actual cost for my frequency is super low.

Jul 22, 2005
£33 per month for me. Multi gym access meaning I can visit other branches of the same chain up and down the country (UK). Most locations are open 24 hours and I can bring a friend once per week for free. Mostly power lifters in this gym (PureGym) but there are classes for beginners, and yoga offered.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I paid up front for 3 years, just under $700, can freeze anytime. Pretty much the best gym(s) in the area. Indoor pools, sauna, spin classes, other yogi/dance classes, day care and up to date weight lifting equipment.

Nalyk

May 21, 2009
100 per month, Brazilian jiu jitsu, usually 3 times. Week, 4 if my schedule works out.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I have a free membership at work....but it's not open all the time. I have a planet fitness membership for 24 hour access....I've been paying that the last 2 years without really using it....like $165/year total I think.

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
Just joined a bouldering gym for the summer. $65 a month for unlimited access. They also have yoga, and a weight room with cardio equipment, squat racks, and benches.