How many spelling mistakes does it take...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Boomer that was good . Ya know what the best part of this was . I will let you guess. See how sharp you really are.

Dec 26, 2007
Well for those of you who think grammar mistakes don't matter, how well a person composes their thoughts into words has more to do with beliefs (true or not) about that persons intelligence. That is even more true when the only way you communicate with a person is through text. When it's a conversation in person you won't notice the minor mistakes because you are looking at body language, thinking about your response, don't see the way things are spelled, and if its a girl looking at her figure (It's ATOT after all).

Let me pose this question to you. Say we have two identical people (say twins separated at birth); one has outstanding grammar skills and speaks English very fluently, and the other speaks in slang and uses poor grammar. Which person do you believe is more intelligent? Command of your language is very important in how intelligent a person you are perceived to be.

One or two mistakes is understandable, posts that a 2nd grader could compose better are just annoying.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
does anyone find it funny that a topic about grammatical stuff is instantly filled with grammatical errors to drive the grammar Nazis crazy with the amount of blaitant errors that are being made by people who like to drive other people crazy with the errors they are making even though it might not drive some people crazy because they don't really care about the errors that are being made probably because of the schooling and background that they have which is probably very different to mine which is very different from everyone else's....

What was I posting about again :D

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I won't make ya wait. Most would say that the usage of the word Vary was actually pretty good. Thats the one wife likes the best because it fits the sentence pretty well. But thats still not the best. My wife couldn't get it and she is sharp. So i took that one out for ya. What I am referring to is really good and I doubt any will get it . But JJONES did surprise me. He is pretty sharp

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Reminds me of this head-imploding post from P&N. What's hilarious is that he's already been mentioned and has posted multiple times in this thread.

Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Well I watched it . The whole thing. I am not a Ron Paul supporter. I don't even care about the evidence which their is plenty of.

PC Surgen let it be. You may be getting yourself into serious trouble here. Not with the forum however.

Its simple enough to determine the trueth . threw Newtons laws. Math can't lie. You know the trueth. Isn't that enough?

I am truely sadden and almost in dispair about the events of 9/11.

Not for myself or people of my age. But for my children and their children and all the other young people of America.

To argue and debate this issue is useless.

Let the sheep be lead. Its not worth the heartache I know you feel.

PC keep one thing in mine threw all of this. None of our leaders seem to want to bring closure to this in a way that the American public can say thank God I was really wondering about this.

Your right their are government shills out there but not here at AT forums. I am more concerned right now in the events that will take place befor the next election. If our government has betrayed us . Well know for sure in the coming years. If their is an agenda . Just wait for the next Phaze to take place,

May God keep you safe.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I don't think spelling mistakes mean that somebody is a moron, but I certainly don't expect any spelling, punctuation, or grammar errors from a Dailytech editor. No names, of course.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Cogman
does anyone find it funny that a topic about grammatical stuff is instantly filled with grammatical errors to drive the grammar Nazis crazy with the amount of blaitant errors that are being made by people who like to drive other people crazy with the errors they are making even though it might not drive some people crazy because they don't really care about the errors that are being made probably because of the schooling and background that they have which is probably very different to mine which is very different from everyone else's....

What was I posting about again :D

That was a good try but no cigar errored was way to easy . This is hard . If someone gets it. I will be shocked.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Originally posted by: MegaVovaN
Grammar Nazi reprezentin' here
I hate retarded posts

I waited for something like this. Why is that ? You could infer that you were referring to the topic. But we both know that isn't so . Don't we? It was a directed statement . So this is for people who like to point out other peoples short comings. Or who just make nasty remarks about other forum members.

So there is no doubt about what has happened here. I shall show you the trueth . May it set you free .

The last word I used and misspelled was niether. So whats the big deal ?

What word follows neither in the dictionary? READ my sig.