How many soda cans are on your desk?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Lazy bums! I go to the kitchen, chug some out of the 2 liter bottle, and come back to whatever the hell I was doing. Very useful during those long downloads. :)

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
whoa :Q

they don't sell cans in my country, and I'm happy about that......you can re-seal them, they lie everywhere on the street and nature in the countries that have them, and the bottom 1/4 of a can always tastes like crap!

Zaphs

Oct 9, 1999
Which country doesn't sell cans?

BTW, no cans on my desk at work but I did once use cans as the forth leg of my desk (they were virgin cola cans).

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Denmark doesn't, they're illegal because of the pollution problem that automatically arises with them

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Well, I use to pile cans on my desk too.. but had an accident where i accidentally drank a half empty can of coke that was a week old and was used as a spit can. After about 30mins of trying to hurl and feeling stupid, i decided to never let things piled up again.

Neuromantic

Jul 8, 2000
6 Coke cans on my desk, 3 on my floor, and 30 on my dresser. 12 Pokari Sweats, and an empty bottle of Bawls.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Really.

"Soda?"

That term is probably still only used in them backward bible-thumping states down south.

Jul 8, 2000
Eh...none...

I do see over a dozen empty 1 gallon containers of Poland Springs water...about 4 1 liter bottles of Poland Springs water.

Oh, and if I'm downstairs, the other computers are near a half way empty 6 gallon water dispenser.

JW310

Golden Member
Oct 30, 1999
Three.... one Pepsi can, one Coke can, and one Arizona Iced Tea can. here in my part of NY, we call it pop, by the way.

JW

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Hehe! To be thorough, one would have to say soda pop. :)

2a b : SODA POP c : a sweet drink consisting of soda water, flavoring, and often ice cream

Gimme Gimme (Bad Company)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
not canadian, that's an insult. pittsburghean. we say pop here, among many other strange things. pittsburgh dialect rules, not well known outside of it though.

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
computer desk:7 coke, 6 mountain dew
printer desk: 3sprites, 2 cokes, 4 cherry cokes
window sill next to chair: A HUGE WALL TOO LARGE TO COUNT! anyone else ever built a pop can wall against their window?
on floor: a few dirty coffee mugs, with evaporated/fermented creamer :)