How many politicians have children in the military?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
18,191
3
0
Just wondering... I have heard that only 1 person in congress has a child in the military... ONLY ONE... yet they can vote to send yours off to die.. :(
 

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
25,162
1
76
www.ShawCAD.com
Seems to me that a prominent elected state official from Iowa got called up for duty. He didn't seem to bitch about it. Most likely he'll be going to Iraq...atleast that was I last heard. He considers it his duty and understands that he chose to do it.

CkG
 

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
72,149
5,999
126
Any leader who chooses war should vote in the affirmative by sacrificing his child's or his own life. We will only get really serious wars that way.
 

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003
2,852
0
0
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Any leader who chooses war should vote in the affirmative by sacrificing his child's or his own life. We will only get really serious wars that way.


oooo one of the bush twins in uniform ooooooooooooo yea..make a reality show out of that
 

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003
2,852
0
0
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Any leader who chooses war should vote in the affirmative by sacrificing his child's or his own life. We will only get really serious wars that way.


oooo one of the bush twins in uniform ooooooooooooo yea..make a reality show out of that
 

miguel

Senior member
Nov 2, 2001
621
0
0
Having children in the military is now a requirement before you can make decisions that affect the military? Geez, what next? Do you guys realize how lame that is?
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
70,068
5,596
126
Originally posted by: miguel
Having children in the military is now a requirement before you can make decisions that affect the military? Geez, what next? Do you guys realize how lame that is?

I think the point might be that Politicians may take the decision a little too lightly, since they have nothing to lose.
 

miguel

Senior member
Nov 2, 2001
621
0
0
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: miguel
Having children in the military is now a requirement before you can make decisions that affect the military? Geez, what next? Do you guys realize how lame that is?

I think the point might be that Politicians may take the decision a little too lightly, since they have nothing to lose.

That is a legitimate concern, indeed. However, you also must consider that joining the militart is not mandatory. Perhaps some who join take the decision too lightly as well?
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
70,068
5,596
126
Originally posted by: miguel
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: miguel
Having children in the military is now a requirement before you can make decisions that affect the military? Geez, what next? Do you guys realize how lame that is?

I think the point might be that Politicians may take the decision a little too lightly, since they have nothing to lose.

That is a legitimate concern, indeed. However, you also must consider that joining the militart is not mandatory. Perhaps some who join take the decision too lightly as well?

Some certainly do. I recall some articles of parents wanting their children out and there are quite the number of AWOL persons.
 

miguel

Senior member
Nov 2, 2001
621
0
0
I think the point might be that Politicians may take the decision a little too lightly, since they have nothing to lose.

Well, I think this argument is still bad because that's like saying that MEN can't discuss abortion since men can't have children.
 

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
18,191
3
0
The deal is I hate politicians.. they find ways to constantly porksteal our money and they find ways to give themselves HUGE retirements on our hard work...

I know you have heard this before.. - pretty good song...
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has sturck the hour
Day of judgement, god is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW!
 

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
25,162
1
76
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dahunan
The deal is I hate politicians.. they find ways to constantly porksteal our money and they find ways to give themselves HUGE retirements on our hard work...

I know you have heard this before.. - pretty good song...
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has sturck the hour
Day of judgement, god is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW!

I got introuble once for quoting musicians. Maybe once was for Ozzy/BlackSabbath but I definately remember catching hell for quoting a Metallica tune.

Good Sabbath tune though. Young angst filled years are what drove those lyrics. Ah the good ol days of real music...not this sing songy pressboard crap we get now.

CkG
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
70,068
5,596
126
Originally posted by: miguel
I think the point might be that Politicians may take the decision a little too lightly, since they have nothing to lose.

Well, I think this argument is still bad because that's like saying that MEN can't discuss abortion since men can't have children.

If discussion was all that was done, there wouldn't be a problem. ;) :)