How many pairs of shoes you do you own?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to shoes. I don't throw them out unless they're absolutely shot.

When I buy new shoes the older ones go in the back of the closet. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 20 wearable pairs back there (across two separate closets). Add those to the ones that are out and ready to go I'd say 25-30.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
1 pair of New Balance running shoes
1 pair of Air Jordan 33 (i think? the self lacing ones)
1 pair of Kenneth Cole casual dress shoes
1 pair of light brown Johnson and Murphy dress shoes
1 pair of dark brown Johnson and Murphy dress shoes
2 pairs of black Johnson and Murphy dress shoes (different designs)
1 pair of Columbia flip-flops

Deegan000

Jun 18, 2020
A pair for work. Then about 2 pairs of sneakers and a pair of dress shoes in case i have to go to court.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
1 pair of dress shoes as formalwear (both brother and wife insisted this is a necessary thing)
1 pair of normal shoes for going out to work in
1 pair of normal trainers
1 pair of running/sporty trainers

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Probably around 20 or so. I’m kind of into Allen Edmonds, I have 3 pairs of their full leather dress shoes.

Last edited:

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
several pair that are too good to throw away, but not good enough to generally wear

I have several pairs of these types as well. If my 12 year old lawn work shoes ever give up I'll have several options to replace them with. I also tend to buy shoes like Keen, Vasque and Ecco that have generally long lifespans

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Oh, God, more than you can imagine. It's partly because most don't fit me, so a shoe that fits me I keep. I have shoes I bought in the 1980's. And I wear them sometimes. I have probably 4 pairs that are still brand new. I have ones that look like shit but I can wear them. Have an old house, I bang around in some.

Mostly I buy New Balance 4E. They always fit me. But a neighbor gave me a pair of used hiking shoes I think someone else gave him, and by some miracle I can wear them, they actually fit pretty darn well. They look really expensive.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I probably own 25 + pairs, but many are new in the box or dress shoes I only bring out occasionally.

So...I wear size 14 shoes in most brands. When I find something I like in that size for cheap, I pick them up. I started running distance a few years back and have a few pairs in rotation so the cushion doesn't get too compressed. If you pay full price for those, they're $130/pair...I usually pay $50-60 for the brand and model I like after they are clearanced.

I then keep a bunch of old pairs for mowing and digging and yard work. I probably have 3 pairs of flip flops/beach shoes too.