How many pairs of shoes you do you own?

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I just realized I don't own any sneakers. I have one pair of worn out boots with no treads on them. Last pair of shoes i wore was probably 8 years ago :(IMG_0350[1].JPG

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I can't believe i actually wore these all winter and blind as fuck.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
About 10 pair combat boots, 3 pair decent casual shoes, several pair that are too good to throw away, but not good enough to generally wear, and a couple pair of sandals.

Reactions: Mayne

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Too many. I just received like another 8 pairs of Nike sneakers and 2 pairs of hiking shoes. But I get most of my shoes and clothes for free. I have a cousin who buys crazy amount of fashion and designer stuff. He'll buy every color of something and wear it couple of times and then throw or give it away. I find it extremely wasteful so I'll occasionally take the stuff and wear it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Hmmm one old pair of shoes I use for mowing the lawn, my current pair which is probably in worse shape than the lawn mowing ones, so I should replace them, then I got winter boots, then I got REAL winter boots (Sorels), then preppy shoes for church, and then at work I got slippers I switch into. Being in shoes all day makes my feet super sweaty so it's nice to have slippers and just kick them off to let the feet cool off.

Oh and a few pairs of sandals, if that counts.

Damn, and I used to make fun of my mom for having so many shoes. Then again I don't need a dedicated suitcase for shoes when I travel. I just bring whatever shoes I happen to be wearing when I leave the house, and maybe sandals if it's a hot spot.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
15 or so in the daily rotation - 2pair trail runners, 2 pair flip-flops, 5 pairs of running shoes, a few pair of casual shoes for jeans/work, 2 pair of gym shoes, and a couple pair of J's & Dunk SB's when I'm looking to floss.

Time to get rid of my 6-pair of Allen Edmonds - havent worn wool slacks or a sport coat in over 2yrs now.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Two pair of boots.
Two pairs of everyday walking shoes and one pair of dress shoes that I never wear.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
An absurd number. Primark (discount clothing store) a few years ago had their converse-knockoff canvas sneakers on sale for $2 a pair, and I got carried away. Had to get every available colour, and then a backup pair for every available colour. (This is pretty much how I behave in sandbox games also - I find a home base and start hoarding multiple copies of all avaiable loot items in the game - I wonder if games are good ways of revealing psychological issues? My dislike of public transport in the real world is akin to my refusal to use 'fast travel' in games, come to think of it...it's immersion-breaking)

Since I stopped cycling and took to walking everywhere, I notice I go through pairs far, far more quickly than I used to. They don't last more than 6 months a pair. (And I get a weird feeling of satisfaction when I throw the worn-out shoe-carcass away - is that just me?)
I also have 'smart shoes' for formal occasions, which I never wear and find impossible to walk in.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
3 pairs.

1 pair black Adidas BoostHD sneakers
1 pair grey Keen Revel III winter/hiking boots
1 pair brown Keen Austin summer walking shoes

Sneakers is for when I manage to drag my out of shape ass to the gym. They're super springy and bouncy which is good for my crappy back and knees, and feel great when I'm on the crosstrainer. Winter boots I've had a few years now and they're getting a bit worn. The Austins I bought this past spring, and they're pretty fricken great. They look awesome too I must say, most elegant shoes I ever owned I think.

I like Keen. My feet must be kinda paddle-shaped I guess, because I need wide shoes, which they provide.

Technically I also have a pair of Adidas basketball-style sneaker I bought a whole bunch of years ago now, but they're just way too tight for me to actually use so I'm going to donate them some day. They look wicked though, which is why I've been reluctant to get rid of them. :p

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Hmmm..
1 pair of White's Smoke Jumper work boots
1 pair of Sorel Caribou boots (35+ years old...just hang on a nail in the garage)
1 pair of New Balance hikers...wear for yard work and such
1 pair of New Balance trainers
1 pair of SAS walking shoes (tennis shoe style)
1 pair of Hush Puppies slip ons...water proof(ish) for walking the dogs
2 pairs of Finn Comfort walking shoes. (as close to dress as I have)
1 pair cheap sandals
2-3 pairs of flip-flops
2-3 pairs of "water shoes"

probably others I'm forgetting about.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Pairs...have several singles. When you start cutting things apart, some of them get separated. Got a spare femer if anyone's interested.

Maybe 1 that works. Messed up my feet with age and 20+ years doing cardio. With they gym being closed for 2 months and my feet slightly better, you'd think I would have booked with my ortho again...You would think...:rolleyes;

Idiot. Maybe I'll wait til I hit 230lbs.

Last edited:

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
One pair of Sketcher sneakers for work out and casual things
One pair of Columbus hiking boots for hiking
One pair of Timberland sandals for summer activities

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
too many. work gave me three pair and then let me go. its weird. I feel mad to not be employed but guilty to have so many shoes from them.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I'm a bit of a woman with shoes. I'm probably up to 18-20 pairs. I wear dress shoes to work, so there's multiple colors there, I have sneakers that have different purposes, casual dress shoes, high-end flip flops, and other various ones. Is that bad? :oops:

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Probably 20ish? I have a ton that are too worn to wear daily, but I keep them aronud as yard shoes. Plus I have a ton of 'special purpose' shoes.