How many of you students realize that...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fishy101

Mar 21, 2000
"what is important in the Olympic Games is not winning, but taking part. What is important in life is not the triumph, but the struggle."

- anonymous

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I got a 21...just kept trying all the answers until I found the set of all wrong answers, and told them it took me 999 minutes.

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
I have to agree, high school was a breeze. I started out high school doing work everyday and really applying myself but then half way through I realized that I could just sit back, "kinda sorta" complete the work, listen to the teacher, and do well on the tests because they were always based off what the teacher was saying.

When I got to college, tried pulling off the same thing, but obviously it didn't work for some classes... math classes. I developed such a poor study habit that I couldn't keep up with what the teacher was teaching that day because the lesson that was in the book was never in my head. But then again, English, PolySci, and History are still a breeze because the tests are based off lectures and not the book.

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
Never had an IQ test but I would like to add that it only tests two aspects of your intelligence, your verbal and mathimatical intelligence. The IQ test was based off of Spearman's "Two Factor" Theory of two intelligences and funny enough, so is the SAT. This is why when we think of a genious, we think of those that speak intelligently with a high vocabulary or a mathimatical thinker. Personally, I believe in Gardener's 7 Factor Theory, which is, verbal, mathimatical, musical, spatial, social skills with others, social understanding of one's self, and kinesthetics.

Whoa.. a total recall of one of my psych lectures.. gonna ace that test.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
did you realize that there is no one way to measure the intelligence of any student?

and that in college, you're not graded by how smart you are, but how much smarter you are than the rest of the class.

/me leaves to find a class full of complete morons, but realizes that the morons are smart enough to drop the hard classes at the beginning of school. =P

Recneps

Jul 2, 2000
lol effort sucks you shouldn't have to put in effort if you know the crap the teacher is teaching. Instead of grading effort they should makes the class HARDER so kids like me can't just BS throw the class. Lol I got a A+ in my chem class from effort grading on homework the teacher would look to see if there was marks on a paper and if there was you got 100% on it and if you wrote down 5 piont less things from a movie you got 10 bonues pionts. Oh and on the IQtest i got like 116 or some thing crappy like that

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Public school is a joke. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Education is a joke. Education is very important, But our public school system has it backasswards. In short:

Knowledge should be pulled into the brain by the student, not shoved in by the teacher.

I seriously recomend you guys read a book called The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education by Grace Llewellyn, a former school teacher. It's a great book that spells out how horrible Public Schooling is.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
public school is not a joke. it's pathetic. it's SAD, it's not even funny... so it cannot be a joke.