how many of you have red cars?

timmyG

Oct 12, 2000
i drive a red pickup truck and the police here are like hitler youth. they pull me over for no reason, but I think its because they know me, not the color of the truck. dammit. i wish i had some hot blondes in my passenger seat.

hoihtah

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
i have a red probe. :)
but the colors are fading... so i might be okay from the cops.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I do but not by choice, it was a loss leader and they only had 2 left both of which were red.

So it was either buy the red car and make the wife happy (it's her birthstone color) and save $2,000 or pay RETAIL STICKER MSRP (goes into shock and starts convulsing).

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I have a red Cavalier, but my car is incapable of going fast, so no, the cops don't notice me at all. Heh heh, not really. But no, I don't get picked on or anything because of the color.

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
yeah they notice more. BUt i never get caught ...muahah ...

oh... and they pull over the person next to me instead of me....for some reason?

Haircut

Platinum Member
Apr 23, 2000
Nope, silver here and never been pulled over, even in my previous car which was Jamaica Yellow I never got stopped.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
how about just being noticed? like cops looking at you and such?

i went to a car dealership and said i wanted a red car.. and he reminded me about cops noticing red more than any other color... and what do you know? we drove around in my friend's 240sx and there are 2 cops that pulled over a car, and they both turn and look at us. i didnt know if it was jsut cuz there werent many cars down the road and he heard us and wanted ot look, or if really they just notice red more :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: johneetrash
how about just being noticed? like cops looking at you and such?

i went to a car dealership and said i wanted a red car.. and he reminded me about cops noticing red more than any other color... and what do you know? we drove around in my friend's 240sx and there are 2 cops that pulled over a car, and they both turn and look at us. i didnt know if it was jsut cuz there werent many cars down the road and he heard us and wanted ot look, or if really they just notice red more :)

Of course you're going to get noticed in a red sports car. I would edit your thread title to include sports because I doubt a red station wagon, or red Honda Accord sedan would get the cops attention like a red mustang or red BMW would.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
exactly, that might be one reason why the cops looked at us. but im asking if it's more of the red color attracting the attention rather than the car.

i think it's probably a combination of the two, but i dont have any cars to test my theory.

(btw the car i was looking at at the dealership was a vw gti)

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
I have a red 98 Dodge Neon. haven't been pulled over in that car yet... the red isn't blinding, it's just a casual, plain, red. And the car is plain looking, but in a business kind of way, so it doesn't look dangerous. I think speedy looking cars that are red are the ones that cops look at... 'cause they instill a sense of rebellion...

TeenHeartthrob

Jul 29, 2002
i drive a 93 milano red prelude vtec....and i drive fast

...and i drive with your daughter in the passenger seat.

people always tell me how a cop will see me from a mile away, pick on me because of my tint, etc...but i've only been stopped 3 times, and gotten a ticket for one of those times.

i guess im just lucky, but i wouldnt want a car any other color ;)

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i have a red car

i haven't been pulled over since i owned it, the last time i was pulled over was about 1994, when i owned a white truck

i haven't gotten a speeding ticket since 1984 (i didn't own a red car then)