• 45-55

• 55-65

• 65-75

• 75-85

• 85+

Results are only viewable after voting.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
I use to have more than I do now but I've managed to keep it under 30 for now. I'm also beating my backlog which helps and I dislike using expensive storage space (SSD) on keeping games on my system without ever using them.

Just out of curiosity when do you decide to uninstall? I like to make sure I don't want to play that game again because I have very sucky BB which means I download at 700 kb/s max!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I basically keep the system full of installed games, and rotate them when I want to play something.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
I use to have more than I do now but I've managed to keep it under 30 for now. I'm also beating my backlog which helps and I dislike using expensive storage space (SSD) on keeping games on my system without ever using them.

Just out of curiosity when do you decide to uninstall? I like to make sure I don't want to play that game again because I have very sucky BB which means I download at 700 kb/s max!

seven 6 are for my nephew when he comes around.lego starwars/marvel superheroes.im currently playing gta5,i will unintall when im finished with it.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
A lot of the game I have I keep installed because it's a PITA to download them again. Well that and deleting them would just add more wear and tear on my SSD.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Under 5. No Mans Sky(because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.), Everspace, Wing Commander 1&2, and Star Citizen(its not really a game though more like a tech demo)and that's it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Assassin's Creed Unity which I don't know if I will ever get around to finishing, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Bioshock 1+2 remastered, and Tales of Symphonia currently installed.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Might want to ask how many games are installed ... and how many we actually play.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Jesus H Christo I was so far off at 30+. Just counted out of curiosity. 129. 129 games installed. What the hell is wrong with me.

crazzy.heartz

Sep 13, 2010
Before SSD, it used to be 25-30 or more games on the HDD. However, i usually completed only 10-15 of those games and never uninstalled any game as there was so much space.

Now, with an SSD, I only have 4-5 games installed and i also make sure to complete the game before I remove it/play it to the max.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
Over 200. But then I love replaying older games (which tend to take up less space).

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Under 5 these days.

I gave up on chasing the perfect MMO long ago.

I am getting old it appears.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
Plenty of hdd space for nonessential games so why not keep them installed.

True but if you don't have many Sata ports and running out of space on those hard drives you might have an issue. I also like to keep my PC filing as simple as possible. I also like to run games off of a SSD if possible.

A lot of the game I have I keep installed because it's a PITA to download them again. Well that and deleting them would just add more wear and tear on my SSD.

Yeah download speed is what mostly stops me from redownloading games unless I really have too.

Might want to ask how many games are installed ... and how many we actually play.

Thought about it but that is a hard question to answer, I'd say at least half of mine I play but some are backlogged and I will eventually get around to playing them. I normally play a game for at least 2 hours and if I dislike it still I uninstall it, should work well in the winter sale on steam with the refund options.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
True but if you don't have many Sata ports and running out of space on those hard drives you might have an issue. I also like to keep my PC filing as simple as possible. I also like to run games off of a SSD if possible.

I usually only keep 2-3 games on my ssd at any given time. The rest of them are all on a 4tb hdd.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
About 20 of my 600 steam games are installed, quite frankly I have the space since I have about 16Tb of HDDs but I just prefer to install my main games on my SSD which is tiny, only 120Gb.

I actually don't have a problem with bandwidth, I have 200mbit which is about 25MB/sec peak download speed and that means even GTA sized 60Gb games are about an hours wait, and I don't have a data cap. So just downloading as/when I want to install something is super convenient.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I mainly focus on one game at a time but have 1 Gbps so can download any game I want in a few minutes.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
Hmmm, let me think..

TF2
CS:GO
DOOM
Batman AC
Mad Max
The Crew
Need for Speed Most Wanted
BF4
The Division
Forza Horizon 3
Overwatch

No data cap here, 50Mb DL speed from ISP. Large games can take a few hours, not too terrible. Most games reside on a 240GB SSD, also have a 480gb ssd for overflow.

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
200-300

After i made my steam drive 2 Striped 2TB WD blacks i just started installing everything.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Jesus H Christo I was so far off at 30+. Just counted out of curiosity. 129. 129 games installed. What the hell is wrong with me.
Steam is what is wrong with you. It's what's wrong with me as well.

I basically keep the system full of installed games, and ignore 99% of them. I don't even remember where are the few games I've purchased outside of Steam, except some of my pre-Steam games that I long ago played through. I'm up to over a hundred on Steam and all I've played for the last year is Fallout 4 and CounterStrike Global Offensive, but at least I've finally reached the point that I can resist buying new cheap games on Steam sales. Usually.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
Steam is what is wrong with you. It's what's wrong with me as well.

I basically keep the system full of installed games, and ignore 99% of them. I don't even remember where are the few games I've purchased outside of Steam, except some of my pre-Steam games that I long ago played through. I'm up to over a hundred on Steam and all I've played for the last year is Fallout 4 and CounterStrike Global Offensive, but at least I've finally reached the point that I can resist buying new cheap games on Steam sales. Usually.

Nothing wrong with buying games on sale but just ask yourself 2 questions.

Does this look like something I'm going to enjoy? Am I going to play it within the next 3 months?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Nothing wrong with buying games on sale but just ask yourself 2 questions.

Does this look like something I'm going to enjoy? Am I going to play it within the next 3 months?
Well, I only buy games I think I'd enjoy, but I seldom play them within three months of buying them. That's why I've tried to break myself from buying more games just because they are on sale.