How many email accounts do you have?

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I've been on a binge lately, making a new account with gmail every time a "cool" user name pops into my head. I gotta stop it though, getting too hard to manage all of these.

I'm thinking of limiting it to 2 or 3.

1 for message boards/signups/"register to access"
1 for business contacts, employment, credit cards, etc.
1 for family, friends, etc.

Alternatively, I could just use 1 account for everything, but I think my minimum has to be 2.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Family/buy online/sign up for stuff/ebay/work/forum admin/anonymity
So, 7.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005

I have a school email, regular email, and one for website sign-ups and other junk.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Total: 6

I've had email for a long time. Started back in the Gopher/AOL days (those accounts are gone) and keep adding new ones.
My first web based was hotmail, and it was small. And I didnt like the layout much.
Got a Yahoo and liked it a little better. But also small. Added two more to increase capacity and also keep personal stuff seperate from online stores and such.
Got a Gmail account cuz a nice fella here invited me in. I loved it, especially the capacity. Once Hotmail and Yahoo realized they couldnt get by with just half a meg, they started upgrading.
Now I have way more space than I'll ever need. So today its about the fact I dont wanna contact all those folks and make them change my email address. I like Yahoo the most cuz its almost as easy as Outlook.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
1. I can manage all my e-mails in one account, with labels and what not.

I don't understand the purpose of having many more.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
1. I can manage all my e-mails in one account, with labels and what not.

I don't understand the purpose of having many more.
Well, I assume your user name is something like "jsmith@gmail.com" or "craigh1@yahoo.com".

Can't really see someone giving "scotty2hotty@gmail.com" to a business contact.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
1 personal, 1 personal professional (contact employers, official personal business, etc.), 1 at work, 2 for spam (email accounts I do not care about that I use to register stuff), 1 military (was a DoD intern), 1 for school.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have 2 that I use regularly, my main one and one I use mostly for forum signups and stuff.

I have others such as my cron mailbox, server administrative accounts, etc... in total probably about 10.

I also have lot of aliases that I setup on my mail server. I also have two work emails. One on my company's server and another on my client's server.

Dec 10, 2005
1) Old hotmail account that is now my spam account
2) A gmail account using my initials and last name for everything
3) A school e-mail address that forwards all mail to #2. I use 2 and 3 interchangeably to send and receive mail
[4) An old gmail account using the same name as #1, no longer use or check.]