How many days before you go out to get a manicure?

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Serious thread, but yeah...go balls deep if you want. :D

Anyway, heading out in a few days to hang out and want my nails done. Never had them done at a manicurist before. What can I expect? What is the average cost, and can they fix this mess I have right now.

I'm leaving Friday, so I am guessing Thursday is my best bet so it looks nice and fresh? How long should I expect it to look good?

This is what I am dealing with now - it's actually annoying to type because I never let them get this long. Can it be fixed or what? Also, what's the average price?

XIbBdQ0.jpg

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
I'm 27 so almost 10 thousand days. GF goes about a week before doing her nails again though.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
When I cut them myself it looks awful. Besides, it's called a manicure not a womanicure. And I hear the ladies in these shops give happy endings if you give a good tip.

Man = hand

It's not for man as in male...JC...

You can't be serious about the last part... This has to be a weak attempt at trolling.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
I clip my own fingernails and toenails every 1.5 to 2 weeks. After about 35 years of practice I'm pretty good at it. I don't see why you'd need to pay someone to do it for you unless it's for the experience.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
I clip my own fingernails and toenails every 1.5 to 2 weeks. After about 35 years of practice I'm pretty good at it. I don't see why you'd need to pay someone to do it for you unless it's for the experience.

I just cut them all the way down and usually end up cutting too close. I rarely get them looking nice.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
When I cut them myself it looks awful. Besides, it's called a manicure not a womanicure. And I hear the ladies in these shops give happy endings if you give a good tip.

Turn in your man card and quit making excuses.

My wife wanted me to get a pedicure for my dragon feet. I told her "Men don't get pedicures." I took my Dremel and sanded my feet. THAT'S what men do.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
When do you start the hormone treatments? Have you found a surgeon yet or are you still shopping around?

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Just cut them a few days in advance. By the time you need to look groomed, they'll be fine.

This is what I usually do. But I've never timed them to see when they'll look their nicest.

For example, when I shave, I do it 8 hours in advance of going out. By then I have perfect white stubble sticking out. I have no idea on my nail growth.

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
I miss the old avatar!

Don't listen to the style-less hordes, have those fingers done and then report back what the experience was like. Get some clear nail polish on too! :awe:

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
I miss the old avatar!

Don't listen to the style-less hordes, have those fingers done and then report back what the experience was like. Get some clear nail polish on too! :awe:

Yeah, I'll post after pictures.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Oh duh I forgot to ask... What color and how many jewels per finger are you going to have put on?? Or maybe you can splurge for a french tip????