How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 97 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

May the good lord call them home. Let us pray... Since these people think God will cure them, I assume they are OK with being at the end of the line for ventilators.

The thing is, the religious right wing can pivot from:

"The virus is a fake liberal hoax designed to damage Dear Leader Trump, who was sent to us by God".

to

"Dear Leader Trump knew all along how serious the virus was, and he was stopped by the horrible liberal secularists from helping us"

And they can do this in the space of aboutfive seconds. Without a doubt in their mind that they have had the second thought all along.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So now Trump is blaming the front line medical providers, making up (without a shred of evidence) claims that they are stealing and blackmarketing vital supplies.

I miss the 50's when Trump's spiritual predecessor, Joseph McCarthy, was brought down by a "have you no sense of decency" response to his redbaiting.

McCarthy wasn't president though (wasn't he finally bought down because he started to go after the military, and people weren't prepared to tolerate that?). I thought you were going to say you missed the 50's, when Republican Presidents had some moral backbone. Can't imagine Eisenhower declaring "I take no responsibility".

Dec 10, 2005
Seems legit
I'm glad to see he's putting his money where his mouth is - though, the first batch is from factories already authorized to build ventilators. Next step is to pump them out of Tesla's own factories:
The Tesla chief executive said the first batch of donated machines would be delivered later on Friday.

The ventilators were purchased from US government-approved manufacturers in China.

Reactions: cytg111

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Oh for fucks sake! This just fucking DAYS after spewing counter factual misinformation accusing the press and EVERY OTHER FUCKING EPIDEMIOLOGIST of causing panic with their SCIENCE BASED MEDICAL PREDICTIONS to placate Trump.

Its too late, Dr Birx. You tried to placate an incompetent politician instead of following the science and listening to ALL of your colleagues. And now Trumpers have it even MORE deeply ingrained that this is "overblown" or a hoax or "just a flu."

Mixed messages spread fear and panic and worst of all, indifference and distrust. This is a complete and utter fail. Yes, you finally admitted you were wrong. But it's too little too late. The damage caused by Trump's propaganda machine is ongoing and will eclipse even your predictions.

That time period in which Trump and his propaganda machine minimized and dismissed this has ALREADY DONE THE DAMAGE.

Sadly, I think you knew this even before you spewed that bullshit on the 25th. You gave up your integrity for favor from Trump. And tens of thousands more, over and above the lowest predictions, if not more, will die because of it.

You, Trump and the right-wing propaganda machine will be directly responsible for those extra deaths that wouldn't have happened had you and the right-wing media NOT encouraged your followers to believe this is "overblown" a hoax or "just a flu."

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
May the good lord call them home. Let us pray... Since these people think God will cure them, I assume they are OK with being at the end of the line for ventilators.

The thing is, the religious right wing can pivot from:

"The virus is a fake liberal hoax designed to damage Dear Leader Trump, who was sent to us by God".

to

"Dear Leader Trump knew all along how serious the virus was, and he was stopped by the horrible liberal secularists from helping us"

And they can do this in the space of aboutfive seconds. Without a doubt in their mind that they have had the second thought all along.

God will sort them out, in this I have faith.. (not really).

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017
The numbers are increasing fast, and because of this I believe people will get scared and stay home, so I don't expect the numbers to get to 1kk, but 100k seems doable at this point.

Dec 10, 2005
The numbers are increasing fast, and because of this I believe people will get scared and stay home, so I don't expect the numbers to get to 1kk, but 100k seems doable at this point.
The numbers are going up, but one thing that people don't seem to grasp is that the numbers from today are really a reflection on infections that started between 1 and 3 weeks ago (and policies we had implemented then); it isn't a readout of who is still getting infected or the effectiveness of current policies.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
within the next 24 hours, the US will have the third highest death toll in the world, surpassing China and behind only Italy and Spain.

our pathetic leadership is responsible for that high of a number.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
within the next 24 hours, the US will have the third highest death toll in the world, surpassing China and behind only Italy and Spain.

our pathetic leadership is responsible for that high of a number.

Why stop there? We'll be #1 soon enough... as much as it pains me to say it.

Also yes, the US is much larger than Italy or Spain... China is likely hiding their real numbers. But this is still bad news bears, we were weeks behind other countries in getting hit hard. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY AND PREPARING. We didn't. Dr. F. said it simply enough, we failed.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Why stop there? We'll be #1 soon enough... as much as it pains me to say it.

Also yes, the US is much larger than Italy or Spain... China is likely hiding their real numbers. But this is still bad news bears, we were weeks behind other countries in getting hit hard. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY AND PREPARING. We didn't. Dr. F. said it simply enough, we failed.
Trump always wants to be #1, the bestest, and with his asshat leadership, he will achieve that goal. There are going to be refrigerator trucks parked at the morgue of every major hospital in the country.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
CBS obtained audio of a conference call today between President Trump/CV Task Force and state governors. Trump, when confronted by the Gov. of Montana who begged for more test kits in order to contact trace, replied “I haven’t heard about testing in weeks...I haven't heard anything about testing being a problem."

Let that sink in for a bit...

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
During Nixon’s watergate the word was FOLLOW THE MONEY.
During Trump’s pandemic the word is FOLLOW THE NUMBERS.
And... this truly has become Donald Trump’s pandemic, you damn well better believe it.
Deaths tonight have risen beyond 3000 from some 2800 only hours ago.
I’m telling people, while Trump paints his rosy picture thousands will die in the meantime.
No leadership from the federal level, Republican state governors running amuck, total national disaster in the making.

FOLLOW THE NUMBERS

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Ps. THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT.
So be warned...
That states, especially states ran by Republican governor’s, will see a tremendous rise in deaths and in new infections. All because many republican ran states refused to take the necessary measures.
So..... soon we will see residents from those Republican ran states fleeing to less infected states.
I’ll say that again.
RESIDENTS FROM THOSE REPUBLICAN RAN STATES WILL FLEE TO LESS INFECTED STATES TO SAVE THEIR LIVES AND THEIR CHILDREN’S LIVES.
This will put those lesser infected states, those Democrat ran states that have been taking the pandemic serious into great jeopardy.
When you have thousands fleeing Republican ran high infected states to less infected states then naturally infections will skyrocket within those Democratic controlled states.
Believe me, when deaths are in the thousands on a state level people will panic as we have yet to experience.
When single digit deaths turn into thousand digit deaths everything will change.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ps. THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT.
So be warned...
That states, especially states ran by Republican governor’s, will see a tremendous rise in deaths and in new infections. All because many republican ran states refused to take the necessary measures.
So..... soon we will see residents from those Republican ran states fleeing to less infected states.
I’ll say that again.
RESIDENTS FROM THOSE REPUBLICAN RAN STATES WILL FLEE TO LESS INFECTED STATES TO SAVE THEIR LIVES AND THEIR CHILDREN’S LIVES.
This will put those lesser infected states, those Democrat ran states that have been taking the pandemic serious into great jeopardy.
When you have thousands fleeing Republican ran high infected states to less infected states then naturally infections will skyrocket within those Democratic controlled states.
Believe me, when deaths are in the thousands on a state level people will panic as we have yet to experience.
When single digit deaths turn into thousand digit deaths everything will change.
Fuck them. They can stay in their precious red states and continue to practice right wing mitigation policies, which means do nothing.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004