How long were you with your spouse before proposal?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MaxFusion16

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2001
I'm 18 right now, but I met her in elementary school, so that's 10 years and counting now. :D
not planning anything anytime soon

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
4 years dating, one year living together.

We'll be married two years this June.

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
10 years friends
8 years dating
4 years living together
3 kids
dont remember the date i proposed, but it was between sept and dec 2k3 :eek:
05/22/04-FINALLY getting married

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well...

Been together over 2 years now.. No real plans to get married yet, although we will eventually.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
4 years till proposal... been together 5.5 years

... will be actually marrying 2.5 years after initial proposal... long time, ain't it ? ;)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: werk
my wife and i dated about 3 months before we decided to get married. 5 months later we were married.
:Q

she was 22 i was 29 when we met. we both knew what we wanted, what was the point of dating.
The point is to test-drive the vehicle before settling... even better if you can have it in your own garage for some extended amount of time.

3 months for humans isn't too long a test drive.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Started dating Sept, he moved in within a couple weeks (actually relocating to a new state to be with me), decided to get married around Dec/Jan, got married Feb.

Edit: known each other since infancy, tried to date in high school, been married 10 years come Feb 11. 2 kids.

Workin'

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
2 months dating
14 months engaged but not living together
almost 19 YEARS married now

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
We have both been telling people 7 years for a while... Probably closer to 9.

We are tying the knot in June

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: werk
my wife and i dated about 3 months before we decided to get married. 5 months later we were married.
:Q

she was 22 i was 29 when we met. we both knew what we wanted, what was the point of dating.
The point is to test-drive the vehicle before settling... even better if you can have it in your own garage for some extended amount of time.

3 months for humans isn't too long a test drive.

well, it's already been 10 years later or whatever for him. so you do know that their marriage is great then.
good stuff!
"test drive"
haha ok
either you love the person and want to be with that person, or you don't.
doesn't take 3 months to figure out that some dude is an asshole or some girl is a bitch that doesn't like/love you.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
People don't believe this unless it has happened to them. I used to be 'MR LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP." I'd stick with these girls for years thinking one day I would just wake up and say "OK, let's get married."

Nope.

When you know - you know.
I waited 7 months to propose, but we had already pretty much talked it over and decided we were in agreement within like 2 months.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Jzero
People don't believe this unless it has happened to them. I used to be 'MR LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP." I'd stick with these girls for years thinking one day I would just wake up and say "OK, let's get married."

Nope.

When you know - you know.
I waited 7 months to propose, but we had already pretty much talked it over and decided we were in agreement within like 2 months.

yup. to be honest i knew i was going to marry her before we started dating. i saw her for the first time about 3 weeks before we started dating, i knew i would marry her then. i even told my brother that i would marry her.

i was never a believer in love at first sight till it happened to me, what can i say. lightening struck and i just reacted.

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
1 year.
2 years since proposal.
Getting married August 8th. PM me if you want to donate. :)