How long to wait on EBay seller? *Got an email...all is well!*

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Coolness. Just got an email from him and all is well. Shipping tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the reassurance earlier. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
Hey there,

I won an auction yesterday, paid in full via PayPal. Got my "you've paid in full" confirmation email from PayPal.

I forwarded said confirmation of payment (via email) to seller to make sure he had my correct mailing addy.

Haven't heard from him. Almost 24 hours later.

How long to wait to hear from him before I panic?

Thanks.

ps
The guy had like 190-something positive feedbacks and two BS negatives...he looks legit to me. :eek:

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
I would email and ask when he will ship

sometimes they let the shipper generate the email for them and that could take a few days

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
I never send confirmations, I'd be here all day if I had to get hi-touch like that. If his feedback is good then just wait it out.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Couple of days. Sometimes people won't even reply to say that they've shipped your item after receiving payment or reply to any sort of PayPal receipt, too. They'll only reply to real emails.

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I usually act if I have not received any response within 72 hours.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: mchammer187
I would email and ask when he will ship

sometimes they let the shipper generate the email for them and that could take a few days

Good point. See, the reason I emailed him in the first place is that Paypal pulled up an address on me that I haven't lived at in about two years. Don't know where/how they got that as I didn't have an account w/them until yesterday. :confused:

I let him know all that in the email, as well as provided my correct addy and my phone number, JIC.

It would be nice just to get an "I got it." email. You know?

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
calm down...not everyone on ebay is out to scam you. That feedback rating sounds fine...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Sifl
I never send confirmations, I'd be here all day if I had to get hi-touch like that. If his feedback is good then just wait it out.
How is shooting an email hi-tough? Just have a template you send out.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Send a real email. If you forwarded the paypal thing he might have just filed it as just another paypal notification. And wait a couple of days.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Sifl
How is shooting an email hi-tough? Just have a template you send out.
Do it 100 times. It's a pain in the ass, my feedback speaks for itself.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Thanks guys. I did send him a real email. To the email addy listed for him with Paypal.

I will give him until this time tomorrow. 48 hours. I think that is more than reasonable considering he has my almost $200.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
geez... buyers that can't even wait 3 days for something to be shipped should be shot. Not everybody on eBay is doing it as their full time job.. I believe eBay gives the seller 7 days to ship.

Most of the time once I get my payment via paypal I deposit it into my account, and then after that's been cleared I'll ship it. I never email the seller until I actually ship the product.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
geez... buyers that can't even wait 3 days for something to be shipped should be shot. Not everybody on eBay is doing it as their full time job.. I believe eBay gives the seller 7 days to ship.

Most of the time once I get my payment via paypal I deposit it into my account, and then after that's been cleared I'll ship it. I never email the seller until I actually ship the product.

Are you always this big of an assh0le or is today a special day, hmm?

I never said anything about "when's it going to ship?" All I wanted was a confirmation email from him that he got my email about my correct shipping address, since Paypal has the wrong one.

If you would've taken the time to actually READ my original post and my next reply (5th post down from top) before using my thread as a demonstration platform for your lack of reading comprehension, you would've seen that.

You may leave now. :p

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Are you always this big of an assh0le or is today a special day, hmm?

I never said anything about "when's it going to ship?" All I wanted was a confirmation email from him that he got my email about my correct shipping address, since Paypal has the wrong one.

If you would've taken the time to actually READ my original post and my next reply (5th post down from top) before using my thread as a demonstration platform for your lack of reading comprehension, you would've seen that.

You may leave now. :p

you expected him to reply within 24 hours though? that's just not reasonable, especially considering his feedback rating. Then you come on ATOT and post a new topic like it's eating you up inside that he hasn't responded.
rolleye.gif