How long should I wait for this guy I rearended to contact me?

supadupapunky

Jan 7, 2000
Ok...I rearended this '95 Mercedes convertible, actually it was more like I took my foot off the brake so I couldnt have hit him harder than like 5 miles an hour. But he was really pissed. This happened on Monday and he said he would call me on Tuesday. So far nothing has happened yet. :p My question is, how late can he ask me to pay for his damages? A month? A year?

BiB

Banned
Jul 14, 2000
You got his insurance info right? This happened to me back in february, I was rear-ended by an ambulance at a very low speed. I said I'd call him back, but in the end I didn't bother, and he returned a call after a few days and I said it was fine so dont' worry about it...

If you have his info just call him and see what he's sayin.

BiB

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
If you exchanged insurance info with the guy, you probably won't hear from him at all, but you will hear from his or your insurance company.

Stosh

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
There really is no doubt who is at fault. His insurance company may send a bill to you or your insurance company. Then you get to watch your rates go up! Don't worry, you'll pay.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
He most likely has good insurance. They'll take care of everything for him.

(Chanse)

Oct 11, 1999
Depending on your insurance, you may wanna notify them. Some frown upon finding out from other agencies that it happened.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
He's probably been too tied up with his attorney and his hospitalization for whiplash. You'll hear from them at some level, whether it be his attorney or the ins. co. ;)