===== How long have you been here? =====

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lvis

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I lurked forever before making a post. Anand was fifteen and nowhereman was pimpdaddy, and Harvey was fighting with the boys over at Tom's, if that puts a date on it for anyone.

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
My first day here was to find info on those new Celeron 300a's people were starting to overclock to an unheard of 450.

I remember reading this huge thread on the then UBB board named "Butter", and watching as we all discovered that Nick Caputo was lying about his dad working at a warehouse full of Retail 300a's.

Ahhhhhh the good old days. Joined up at Russ's board around the same time... wonder if Optimus is still an active username there?

Anyone remember the whole thread with the handicapped member (Eclipse... something like that?) and a guy named Soudder or something to that effect?

Hey - all you people who have been here 2 years - where were you when I posted my "AT Off Topic History Quiz"? Only Red got that one all correct!

shawnmos

Banned
Dec 11, 2000
I just found this place. I was getting bored with the Sharky Extreme forums. I was a member there for 2 years back when they had the delphi forums.

Edit: Member since December 11th, 2000 12:42 AM and I already have 50 posts. Not bad.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I used to read most of Anandtechs reviews before I decided to join, probably about 20 months or more, joined last April.

:)

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Red - hey yeah - the MadCats! LeopardMadCat was the other half of that OT Husband and wife team. Wonder where they went?

H8tank on the other hand, probably burst a blood vessel or something.

MagnusKain, Yawmark, TeddyRuxpin... all gone now. (not all are missed, though! ;) )

BTW, why did our resident police officer leave? Anyone know?

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
I used to just stop by and read the reviews, then I had a major computer melt down so I joined up so I could get help.. Thanx AnandTech

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
H8tank, MagnusKain (kant spiell :D) aren't missed by me, I say good riddens, otherwise I was around for the UBB crashes, and each time I thought that I had finally got banned..... :D NWM's "Butter" thread as well as his damn monkeys and the sheep! I believe I trolled something about "why do you overclock your celerons" around the 300a times and got flamed good by Red, Russ and NWM right away! Fvcking jerks..... ;)

SHUX

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
OH yeah the "i love you" hater that threatend us and scanned my LAN, boy did he get banned quick Ha-Ha! I am not a Unix god... :( heck I am only an avg. Linux user as well..... But I gots my MCSE!?! :D

SHUX