How is ZipZoomFly and Monarch for ordering Parts?

OmniShinzui

Oct 13, 2005
Um, yeah, i've done a lot of research concerning the prices of all the PC Components for my new build, and came to the conclusion that ZZF and Monarch are cheaper than Newegg for many items. This is due to shipping and CA tax costs btw. However, i've never ordered from Monarch or ZZF, so im not sure how my experience will be. I have done a search, and came across that Monarch is slow, and ZZF takes forever to ship (tho you get free 2day shipping). Exept thats the least of my concerns, im wondering how they both handle the RMA on DOA items. Good? Bad? Compared to Newegg? Heres the list I compiled (5 days old, so it might be a tad different):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/DJ_Psy/Computer2.jpg

Also note that i've decided to get the thermalpaste stuff at Fry's, cause I bet its a lot cheaper. So... Care to share experiences?

Super6

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I've only had returns from Newegg and they make it easy. I buy from ZZF and Monarch often with no problems. ZZF's free shipping is a nice plus.

Super6

atybimf

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2005
I've ordered from all three and they are all fine. I actually had the best experience with Monarch.

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
All three are fine for ordering parts, but Monarch and ZZF tend to take longer to get their items out the door.

But if you have to retun an item for any reason, that's where they are different. Good luck trying to RMA anything back to Monarch.

fibes

Jul 19, 2003
Looks like you have done a very good job of research.:) My experience only lies with Newegg and ZZF. I have ordered numerous parts from Newegg and a few parts from ZZF. Newegg for the most part, ships the same day(depending when you place the order). ZZF somewhat takes there time shipping you order. However, they do offer free shipping on most items. All in all, I have never had any problems from any of the Etailers. All of the items have shipped as ordered(no misshipments), and none of my items have been DOA.

OmniShinzui

Oct 13, 2005
Thanks for the replies. Although Monarch RMA is bad, can you send the DoA arrivals to thier manufacturers for replacement (like say the DFI Motherboard was DoA, and Monarch wouldnt RMA it, could I contact DFI and ask for a replacement through warrenty?)?

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Monarch is the slowest place I've ever dealt with... ZZF is good I order from them often.

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
You can always contact the manufacturer for an RMA, but it is normally much quicker and easier to go thru the seller. Unless of course that seller is Monarch.

fibes

Jul 19, 2003
Originally posted by: OmniShinzui
Thanks for the replies. Although Monarch RMA is bad, can you send the DoA arrivals to thier manufacturers for replacement (like say the DFI Motherboard was DoA, and Monarch wouldnt RMA it, could I contact DFI and ask for a replacement through warrenty?)?

I would think the manufacturer would accect the DOA product, unless they had some RMA policy thats states that all DOA products must be returned through the retailer.

I once had a bad Antec PSU purchased through Spartan Tech and I contacted Antec direct and they accepted the return.

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
My best luck with an RMA was with monarch. They send a return packing slip, newegg does not. My best experience by far was with monarch. Calling them was much easier.
As far as speed goes there pretty much the same the only reason I go with newegg is because i get lucky sometimes with there ground shipping because they got a warehouse in NJ and I live in NY so I get free overnight basically. As far as regular 2-3 day shipping there all the same.

deathwalker

Golden Member
May 22, 2003
I have no experience with Monarch..but....I have used ZZF often...they are excellent. I believe ZZF and Newegg to be about the best for web purchases of putter equipment.

newtekie1

Mar 3, 2006
I have bought from ZZF, Monarch, and Chiefvalue and they are all pretty good. I have only had a problem with ZZF, and it was a minor backorder problem(item was backordered and they never informed me until I received the package and it was missing.)

Other then that all three have been perfect.

poisonthewell

Jun 10, 2005
ZZF and Newegg = good. Newegg's rep is based upon having great cust svc and making RMAs easy. I've never had to return anything to either but have generally shopped with ZZF as their prices have been lower on every item i ordered. Both ship fast.

sirjahmez

Mar 11, 2005
I've only ordered from Newegg and ZZF. ZZF has good prices and the free 2 day shipping is a great deal. Have never had a problem with them.

KoolDrew

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I've ordered a few parts from ZZF without any problems at all. There shipping wasn't nearly as fast as newegg, but not slow. I've never used Monarch, but have heard great things.

Tsuwamono

Mar 17, 2006
Indeed they are quite good. So is new egg but as a canadian it sucks cause newegg doesnt ship here :(

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
newegg is better than both, and they have bigger selection of parts. ZZF was a better outfit when they were googlegear, but since then they've steadily declined, as have their resellerratings. As long as they have the product in stock and you don't need any customer service or returns, then ZZF would ok. otherwise they're an aweful business. I've never been shafted by the Egg, and they refunded restocking fees everytime i've asked nicely. ZZF wouldn't give you the time of day

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
The worst I've dealt with was ecost. Took them twice as long to ship out than others. For future reference