How is rome: total war alexander?

triacontahedron

Feb 23, 2007
Why do you want RTW game when there is MTW2 out? Vanilla versions of total war games are not really good so I would advise getting some mod for RTW instead. twcenter.net a good place for total war games discussion

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Very good and like drugs. Can't stop, must capture next city...

On the otherhand, going from Medieval 2 to Rome back to Medieval 2, there wasn't that big a difference, but the little things are very important. The graphics alone are worth it, and it's so nice not to have just a clone army. If you can, just go for Medieval 2, but you can't go wrong either way.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
i have both i just don't have the expansions.

i dont like the history of Medieval total war as much as rome total war.

triacontahedron

Feb 23, 2007
ic
If you did not play mods for RTW you probably should check them out before buying the expansion. You can find a list
of major mods on twcenter.net forums: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214

People invested lots of time in these mods (you can judge this just by the number of threads/posts in forums) most of them are extremely well made. My favorite was rome total realism mod, they completely rebalanced (removed non-historical) units, expanded map, made gameplay more challenging and added some interesting features. Check it out , it wont cost you any money.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Alexander from what I hear is very hard (campaign). I have it, but the POS won't install because apparently, it won't install if you don't have Rome installed on your C:/ drive. Long story, but I only have an F and G so now it's a coaster.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I believe I saw a help FAQ about that on totalwar.com

Alexanader is a good game. Hard but good. It's not exactly what I would say a full featured game or add-on either. In a way you're playing a 10 dollar developer mod.