how is curling a sport?

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
an olympic sport at that? i just got through watching the WOlrd Championships on tv and it baffled me how that is a sport.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Just because people aren't thrilled with it doesn't mean it's not a sport :) Sure, it's not exciting, but neither is golf :p

<--- not an advocate of curling.

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Define sport.

Is it the ability to compete in a highly competitive game? If so, curling is a sport.

If by sport you mean, any game where you use balls, and strictly balls to play, then its not a sport, but then again, neither is running or rowing or boxing, etc.

Before you ask how something is a sport, why don't you ask why your games are.

It's like when straight people ask homofags, "Well don't you think you're gay because you haven't slept with a good woman yet?" and they don't realize that the question is ridiculous, because if turned around, they look like total weirdo..."Well don't you think you're straight because you haven't slept with a good homofag yet?"

Keep an open mnd dude.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
You ever try curling dude?

I did for the first time last fall............ after 10 ends I was sweating like I just did a 10K :Q

Cheers,
Aquaman

wake

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jarfykk
Same way bowling is a sport. But Olympics and curling...still not decided on that.

How is bowling anymore of a sport than curling?

Golf is the toughest activity to say whether or not its a sport.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Cyberian
how is curling a sport?
Heh!

In Ireland, even hurling is a recognized sport.

Hurling is crazy dude :Q

Hitting each other with wooden sticks......... but I guess the same can be said about lacrosse but they use equipment at least :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I think I've played tabletop curling before with beer bottlecaps. Oh well, whoever got it closer to the marchino cherry wins, at least in the drunken state.

Its a sport, you need a team and it requires skill.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman
how is curling a sport?
Heh!

Hitting each other with wooden sticks......... but I guess the same can be said about lacrosse but they use equipment at least :D

Cheers,
Aquaman
The Irish are not generally renowned for their cutting edge brilliance.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Aquaman
how is curling a sport?
Heh!

Cheers,
Aquaman
The Irish are not generally renowned for their cutting edge brilliance.

That may be so............... but they have some fine women :D

I'll take a fiery Irish Red Head any day :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
More of a sport to many people than baseball for instance.

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: bigi
More of a sport to many people than baseball for instance.

True. America's so called "National Pastime" is incredibly boring to watch. I'd rather watch golf. At least then you don't have people scratching their crothes, and the crowds at golf tournaments USUALLY aren't drunk off their ass.

Oscar1613

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
<lewis black> if curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. and oral sex should be an olympic sport... why? because its harder than curling, and if you're any good at it, you deserve a medal! </lewis black>

:D

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
how is curling a sport? it's shuffleboard on ice, and you're allowed to cheat by moving the obstructions in an inefficient manner...

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
i just dont think that it deserves all this attention. i think that it was spun out of a bored housewife while mopping and she decided to get a group of her friends together to see who could mop the best.....

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: kermalou
i just dont think that it deserves all this attention. i think that it was spun out of a bored housewife while mopping and she decided to get a group of her friends together to see who could mop the best.....

say what? wth does curling have to do with mopping?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
who cares about curling, in the olympics, ballroom dancing is a sport. :disgust: