How in the world is Romney going to defeat Santorum?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The k street project isn't as bad as Newt working for Fannie Mae. It is more complex and IMO is arguably alright since it was simply an effort to even the odds so to speak of lobbyists being Republican instead of Democrats.

I dunno, to me it sounds like his dirt is about on par with Obama's dirt as Senator, which didn't really sway anyone in the election.

Well, I guess we'll find out. I guarantee it will be brought up. In theory at least the Republican base hates career politicians who misused government power in some crony capitalistic way.

Of course I think without any K street nonsense Santorum is utterly doomed anyway, so hey.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
No, you are confused again. You keep saying you want this enforced now. I keep telling you to read the few, short sentences to find out when it is to be enforced. It is not hard, but apparently it is beyond you, so I will tell you directly instead of expecting you to read and comprehend.

Santorum has to lose/not win first.

Is that a sudden revelation? You said it yourself in the post I quoted, so I am not sure why you have so much problem understanding it.

Busted!

Ban the weasel now.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
isnt this the time where everyone turns their back on the ostracized pack animal while it walks away to die in the cold?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Can someone not engaged in a contest lose the contest? Be honest, answer the question. If you say they can, you should self ban for excessive stupidity.

If they failed to engage in the contest then obviously the did not win right? :hmm:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If they failed to engage in the contest then obviously the did not win right? :hmm:

I believe that is completely correct.

Only if you use half the phrase I posted, then yes, you would be correct. If you use the entire phrase, though, you are wrong. You have to meet both portions.

"lose/not win" not just "not win". I also stated, many times, that "lose" was the operable phrase.

EDIT: I was also trying to help an idiot understand what is obvious to people who are not idiots, and in the process dumbed it down too far to where it was no longer completely correct. Dumbing down things tends to do that, which is why you need the original accurate item still. I have posted it, below.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Because I know you guys are incapable of looking back two pages, I will repost the actual bet. You need to stop wanking each other for a moment:

I will take that bet. If Santorum wins, you can leave the forum. If he loses, I will leave.

What does it say?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Because I know you guys are incapable of looking back two pages, I will repost the actual bet. You need to stop wanking each other for a moment:

What does it say?

The next post says:

So that I understand you, you want to bet that if Rick Santorum does not secure the Republican nomination you will stop posting here entirely and if he wins I will stop posting here?

Deal

Then later in the thread, you added the "not win" to the bet. Are you welching on that now too, weasel?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Can someone not engaged in a contest lose the contest? Be honest, answer the question. If you say they can, you should self ban for excessive stupidity.

You'd be banned the day you joined by your own standard.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You'd be banned the day you joined by your own standard.

Ah, providing more proof of your stupidity...doubled down on it with your next post.

The next post says:

Then later in the thread, you added the "not win" to the bet. Are you welching on that now too, weasel?

This was my reply to him:

You read it wrong:

If Santorum wins, you can leave the forum. If he loses, I will leave.

I realize you are trying VERY hard, with your limited intellect, to say that someone not in a contest can lose the contest, but you are still failing to do so.

Tell me, did you lose the republican nomination?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Since I know definitions are a thing with you:

lose -
verb
- to suffer defeat or fail to win, as in a contest, race, or game: We played well, but we lost.

Are you stating that Santorum did not, in fact, fail to win the race for the nomination?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You cannot win or lose a contest in which you are not partaking. "as in a contest, race, or game" was even posted by you. Did you lose the republican nomination? Did Obama lose the republican nomination?

Face it, the people who are now all butt hurt were simply not smart enough to see that I would never lose the bet. Faced with this knowledge, they cry and gnash their teeth in impotent frustration at realizing they are not as smart as they think they are. One could say I "lawyered my way out", which explains why the lawyer seems to be the only one who is not dancing about in anger and hatred.

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You cannot win or lose a contest in which you are not partaking. "as in a contest, race, or game" was even posted by you.

Did you lose the republican nomination? Did Obama lose the republican nomination?

Was there are time when I or the President were in that race and then lost? No.

Santorum, on the other hand, was in the race and failed to win.

Is it time and space that are confounding you? Or just other concepts like "being"?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Was there are time when I or the President were in that race and then lost? No.

Santorum, on the other hand, was in the race and failed to win.

Either people not in the race can win and lose or they cannot. Which is it? You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Santorum left the race long before the votes were even started to be cast. When it came to that point, there were only two people in the race. One of the won it, the other lost.

Santorum, you, Obama, all were not in the race and so did not lose it or win it.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You cannot win or lose a contest in which you are not partaking. "as in a contest, race, or game" was even posted by you. Did you lose the republican nomination? Did Obama lose the republican nomination?

Face it, the people who are now all butt hurt were simply not smart enough to see that I would never lose the bet. Faced with this knowledge, they cry and gnash their teeth in impotent frustration at realizing they are not as smart as they think they are. One could say I "lawyered my way out", which explains why the lawyer seems to be the only one who is not dancing about in anger and hatred.

By your logic a football team could "drop out" of a game at halftime of every game and finish with a 0-0 record, which isn't true. You even clarified in another post that lose/not win are equivalent. You didn't "lawyer your way" out of anything. You welched on a bet. Now we can't enforce it, but you lost the bet. You 100%, unequivocally lost the bet. You're wrong. You're lying here. You KNOW you're wrong. You are what is called a welcher.

Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher Welcher

Thank you.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
By your logic a football team could "drop out" of a game at halftime of every game and finish with a 0-0 record, which isn't true.

I realize you have not noticed, but football and politics are vastly different things. I know, I know, you will say they are the same thing, but you would be wrong about that. They have different rules entirely, and have different purposes.

Now run along and go sit at the kiddie table with the others of your intellectual power. No, not the middle school table, the preschool one...there you go, good boy!

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Either people not in the race can win and lose or they cannot. Which is it? You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Santorum left the race long before the votes were even started to be cast. When it came to that point, there were only two people in the race. One of the won it, the other lost.

Santorum, you, Obama, all were not in the race and so did not lose it or win it.

So you admit that Santorum was in the race, right?

There was a time when he was competing for the nomination.

When he dropped out, he did not retroactively alter the timestream to remove himself from the race altogether. He was still a competitor at one point.

Looks like it is time that is your stumbling block.

Santorum failed to win. He lost. And so did you.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Even were that true, you can "not win" which is what you claimed you meant, at one point.

It's really surprising that someone who is such a relentless liar is so bad at it. In order to lie successfully, one must make the lies believable. You fail miserably at that; your lies are often ridiculously apparent. A liar must also make lies consistent, to avoid getting tripped up in his dishonesty. You failed at that as well. That's why politicians, and especially Republican politicians, are so careful to create their script and stick to it religiously. That's why they spread the talking points to their army of faithful puppets. Once they start going rogue, they quickly fumble over the complexity of their lies. Just as you did here.

Face it, the people who are now all butt hurt were simply not smart enough to see that I would never lose the bet. Faced with this knowledge, they cry and gnash their teeth in impotent frustration at realizing they are not as smart as they think they are. ...
Not exactly, little boy. It's the smug satisfaction of having hard, black and white proof that you are a pathological liar, completely lacking in both integrity and morals. Fortunately, it also means you are a non-factor, an empty noise source whose endless yapping has no credibility or importance. It is no longer necessary to consider or refute your posts, except for pure entertainment value, because you simply do not matter.

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
So you admit that Santorum was in the race, right?

There was a time when he was competing for the nomination.

When he dropped out, he did not retroactively alter the timestream to remove himself from the race altogether. He was still a competitor at one point.

Looks like it is time that is your stumbling block.

Santorum failed to win. He lost. And so did you.
Dude, stop trying to reason with him. We don't have here a failure to understand or a communications breakdown. We have a liar. Plain and simple. He is a liar, he does not care about the truth, and there is nothing you can say to him that will change that.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I, for one, will not be responding to any more of his posts from now on. :thumbsdown:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Tell me which part of this you guys disagree with and why.

To win a nomination, your name must be officially placed in as a nominee.
The nominees are officially listed at the convention. In this case, specifcally on Tuesday, August 28th, after the Nomination Process for Presidential Candidates are stated by the Permanent Chairman of the Convention.

The three people who spoke as part of this process were the Hon. John Sununu (NH) and the Honerable Barbara Comstock (VA). John nominated Romney and Barbara seconded the nomination. No one else's name was listed as a potential nominee.

There was only one official potential nominee at the convention.

This was then followed by a roll call of the states, voting on which of the one potential nominee they want to win. As in all elections, you can put in a write in vote, and some did that by saying Ron Paul. But just like in the general elections, those written in are not officially in the race and therefor cannot lose the election.

http://www.gopconvention2012.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Temp-Order-of-Business1.pdf