How I would combat the drug problem if I were President

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Sounds like OP will be spending a lot of money chasing El Chapo with helicopters.

LOL Actually, if the CIA could assasinate again, he'd be priority number three.

...and I did say this in my OP.

Combined with a "Great Southern Border Wall," FLIR looking over head drones on the border and actually enforcing Customs laws I think the drug problem could be dealt a significant blow. No one wants to serve 25 to life for selling drugs.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
trouble is I have personally seen family members addicted to meth. it's not a pretty sight. the damage they do to friends/family etc is bad.

Do you think that placing your family members in prison, where they learn to become violent is the answer? Combine that with the fact that now they have a criminal record and can never again find a good job. THAT is your answer for your meth addict family members? Of course not.

just ending all drug laws is not the answer.

Yes, yes it is the answer. It actually leads to less drug use. If the goal is to lower drug use, then you de-criminalize all drugs immediately. This has been proven to work over and over again.

so yes the only reason i see that it is against the law is political. the police/private jails etc. want it to stay against the law because many do it. it's something that is common so odds are someone has some residue on them.

So then why do you take up their banner and make their false arguments for them? You are too smart to be some politician's useful idiot. Fighting a war on drugs, which has proven to actually raise drug use, raise violence, raise HIV rates, raise drug-caused deaths, and ruin the future of drug war victims is NOT the way to fight drugs. Unless you are part of some union that benefits from more violence. Well, it's still not the way to fight drugs, but it IS the way to ensure more overtime pay and less layoffs in your industry. If that's your thing.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I agree its the drug laws that need to be exterminated. Drug laws cause more problems than drugs. Get rid of the laws.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
UNODC_logo.jpg

Finally – a change in course on drug policy by Richard Branson
In an as-yet unreleased statement circulated to the BBC, myself and others, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), which has shaped much of global drug policy for decades, call on governments around the world to decriminalise drug use and possession for personal consumption for all drugs. This is a refreshing shift that could go a long way to finally end the needless criminalisation of millions of drug users around the world. The UNODC document was due to be launched at the International Harm reduction conference in Malaysia yesterday.
Be nice someone in current US administration sees this in their newspaper.

Then again, they are probably busy soliciting more 'campaign contributions' from private prisons, drug lawyers, and current drug warriors...

Uno

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I would regulate prescription drugs as public utilities, and cap price increases.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Legalize it all and make it free. When all the lowlifes OD and die, tax it.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
How do they handle drugs in SE Asia? Oh that's right. The death penalty. Get caught with drugs in places like Thailand, and you could easily be looking at death or 100 years in prison. And prison in Thailand makes America's prisons look like spas. Just a few years aga, authorities in Thailand were rounding up dope peddlers, taking them to the woods, and shooting them in their backs.

That's how you deal with drugs and drug pushers. No mercy.

And then last year the Thai authorities were themselves disposed of and the military has the country under martial law.

Great example, Mai72.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I would legalize all drugs. Make them free as well. Eventually the drug population will die out as they do drugs non stop until they die.

Then what would be left is the population that does at most pot and drink on occasion.

The degenerate addicts would die out and the corpses would be sent to reprocessing centers used to generate power for the drug distribution plants.

It would be a form of eugenics.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
OP lists his preferred recreational drugs to take in one thread and lists his preferred prison punishments for recreational drug users in another.

A tiresome lack of any integrity.

(InB4 lame rationalization of why his own drug use is special and not applicable)

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
UNODC_logo.jpg

Finally – a change in course on drug policy by Richard Branson
Be nice someone in current US administration sees this in their newspaper.

Then again, they are probably busy soliciting more 'campaign contributions' from private prisons, drug lawyers, and current drug warriors...

Uno

The UN is a organization of idiots. They have made (can't remember which off hand) a country in charge of human rights violations who have been committed of human rights themselves! The UN has raped people. This is not an organization you should trust.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
OP lists his preferred recreational drugs to take in one thread and lists his preferred prison punishments for recreational drug users in another.

A tiresome lack of any integrity.

(InB4 lame rationalization of why his own drug use is special and not applicable)

For the record I support medical marijuana. But we see how that turnned out. Patient- "Yeah Doc, I have this pain in my left hand. Can I get a prescription for pot? Doc- "Why sure you can! I don't give a rats ass about medical science. I just wright prescriptions all day.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
For the record I support medical marijuana. But we see how that turnned out. Patient- "Yeah Doc, I have this pain in my left hand. Can I get a prescription for pot? Doc- "Why sure you can! I don't give a rats ass about medical science. I just wright prescriptions all day.

First, show some proof what you say is true.
Second, show that if true, it is a problem or, makes a difference.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The UN is a organization of idiots. They have made (can't remember which off hand) a country in charge of human rights violations who have been committed of human rights themselves! The UN has raped people. This is not an organization you should trust.

The United Nations isn't a monolithic organization that exits separate from everywhere else. It's made up of its membership. Your country is a member. All the things you're accusing the UN of you're accusing the US of.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Not really there, dude. There's a lot of people here including myself who would like the UN to get the hell out of NY. And there are people who are disgusted that we pay more money for the UN than any other country.

They are just asinine. As I already pointed out from one specific circumstance on human rights. It's a damn joke!

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
the OP should summarize his post as "i would make current anti-drug practices more extreme and make the drug trade that much more lucrative"

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
the OP should summarize his post as "i would make current anti-drug practices more extreme and make the drug trade that much more lucrative"

Why aren't you doing blow right now? Do it! No one is stopping you! All, right they are.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Not really there, dude. There's a lot of people here including myself who would like the UN to get the hell out of NY. And there are people who are disgusted that we pay more money for the UN than any other country.

They are just asinine. As I already pointed out from one specific circumstance on human rights. It's a damn joke!
As former U.S. Ambassador to the UN John Bolton put it bluntly, "The United States makes the U.N. work when it wants it to work, and that is exactly the way it should be, because the only question, only question for the United States is what's in our national interest. And if you don't like that, I'm sorry, but that is the fact." The UN is mostly a tool of the US. The quacking of the flock means nothing.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I see John Bolton on Fox a lot, and although I tend to agree with him I have had my moments of shouting at the TV as if he can hear me. LMAO

I rolled my eyes when he said people could be crushed by aid parachuting into Iraq when ISIS was moving in.

I think the biggest douche and a half on Fox would have to be Geraldo. Fuck I can't stand that asshole. And I thought drug recovery Bob Beckel was bad. LOL

Last edited: