How I got windows 7 to work with the asrock dual sata board

friarfraust

Sep 17, 2004
First of all I am using the trial enterprise windows 7, good for 90 days. I read plenty of claims that said the drivers on the windows 7 disk would work for everything I had, well they didn't work for me. After installing I still had a onboard lan not working, no sound and no sata drive. If you run into this you need to do this.

Sound driver, this one is easy, asrock has one that will work, just download the newest 64 bit realtek driver that they have, should install fine, you will have to mess with the compatibility though if it does not install at first.

Lan driver, go to nvidias web site, they bought uli, and have the drivers, get the newest driver for

- Northbridge: ULi® M1695
- Southbridge: ULi® M1567

They are all in one download, just download the file, and extrat. I couldn't get the sound driver from here to work, so I unselected it and just installed the lan driver, again I think you will have to change the compatibility mode, and run it as an administrator, this fixed my on board lan

Sata drive. This was the hardest, for whatever reason the asrock driver didn't work, and windows 7 wasn't installing the sata driver. I read things about maybe if you have an ide drive and sata that it would skip the sata driver. Anyhow I fixed it by downloading a driver from here
ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/XP_Vista_Win7/
scroll down near the bottom where you see
JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.50_WHQL_eSATA.zip
That driver fixed my sata drive

Anyhow basically you can make it work if you get the right drivers, maybe this info will keep someone else from having to do a couple hours of searching for drivers to get their board right. I do still have an ! mark in device manage, I think it's a pci controller or something, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything.