How high can a Celery 1.8 o/c ?

Hi guys/gals,
I have a system here that I would like a little more speed from.

Specs:

ASUS P4S533
Celeron 1.8 GHz 128k/400
384MB DDR266
Sapphire 9700np
40 GB Maxtor 7200 2MB
Onboard Sound/Lan

I use this rig for work primarily and I usually convert very large documents to PDF. Takes a while sometimes.
A little speed boost would be nice.

Any suggestions?
TIA
GM

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Just checked the CPU database,

Only 3 people put in results..

I am betting you can pull 2.2 ghz from that thing.

Let us know.

EDIT:

Do you know how to overclock? ( just asking because i was not sure if you are asking for suggestions on how to overclock and what not )

Considering all Intel chips except manufacturing samples are locked, you are going to be overclocking by the front side bus.

Bump that in 5 mhz increments.

Bump your Vcore 5% at a time, and set your Vdimm to 2.8v.

:)

2x EDIT: To check stability, run Prime 95 for at least 8+ hours (recommending 12+)

If it passes, your good to go.

Is Vdimm the memory voltage?
I know I have to up the FSB because the CPU's multiplier is locked, but how do I know when to up the vcore voltage? When my rig doesn't post? or it locks up? Thanks for the info.

GM

Echo3

Apr 27, 2000
First I would Look @ vcore and up slowly with fsb - yes also memory voltage might have to uped also, but do that last - if no results start to happen- every thing corresponds to everything else - think of your mobo and all its stuff as symboitic -
Remember - memory and video card and anything else that may be plunged in PCI slots also causes alot of stuff to happen too- Do have anything else that you can test with another vid card or sound card ...
It's like tweaking a car - sometimes everything has to be considered - even the planets lining up :D

reset bios by clearing cmos - you mobo will pick up everything from scratch - just make sure the defualts are correct with your initial cpu speed... IF cpu gets seriously locked up just re-seat the cpu...
good luck!

Dammit, I just read that the northwood core celerons didn't start til 2.0 GHz. I should have spent the extra 10 buck eh? I have the 1.8 Willamette core. The thing already runs hot at idle. Going to be a crappy overclock. Maybe I can sell it on fs/ft at a loss. The cpu is only 3 days old. Then I can maybe pick up a P4 2.4b or something. Depends on price.

GM