How has ATOT made your life better, more comfortable, more profitable, more enjoyable, etc.?

MrsBugi

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2005
I'll start:

1. Hours of free entertainment!

2. Getting travel suggestions and trip tips from ATOT members who are worldly travelers/avid cruise-takers/European vacationers

3. Helpful tips on how to help heal/prevent canker sores (thanks buck!)

4. Having an large group to quickly share cool/interesting things with

5. Getting help with a work-related question

6. Getting help and advice for the most random things, like an ant infestation

Etc., etc.

ATOT has proven to be a valuable resource time and time again for me, and for that I am greatly appreciative to all of you who contribute positively to this community. :)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Makes work go by, now that I work in an office.

And thanks for the link to the canker sore thread! I'll have to try some of those remedies out as I have one right now that's been bugging me for the past week.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Passes the time at work, gives me warm fuzzies for helping people and keeps me from shooting someone in the face by providing me an endless stream of suckers that I can flame to my heart's content. ATOT is better than hitting a pillow!

I've also made a lot of friends here :)

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
Can't believe I'm saying this, but it made me smarter with all the random information I'm always reading.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
entertainment
smarter and more informed on news stories
great place to ask questions about anything (women, TVs, cars, movies, anything)
some decent networking of people
great place to find some hot deals as well as a safe place to buy and sell

Yes, ATOT has made my life better.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
the stranger than fiction stories i have read on here are comedic gold

where else can you read about the plight of a guy whose mom though he was gay for purchasing a male to male adapter and laugh your ass off for free

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
entertainment, especially some of the YAGT.

best YAGT for me was WayneTek's How did you how hands with a girl?

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Used to be great for boring days at the office, before they supersized their Websense or whatever.

But I've met people here, made a couple connections - which is priceless. Might not stay in touch that much, but the connections are real and they're there.

ATOT has always been funny for me. Unless I'm in a completely foul mood, something on ATOT can always make me smile or even LOL.

Apparently I go through phases of liking and disliking this place, but in general I find the Anandtech website to be one of my favourites. OT is just the gravy but sometimes it can leave a sour taste in your mouth.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I got my job through ATOT :p

Met some fun people

I always have "something to do" when I have nothing productive to do

I've gotten a lot of advice and given a lot of advice

Just a good time :)