How hard would it be to make a LCD TV mount / pole for a treadmill?

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
I recently got a 26 inch LCD tv which I wanted to get a poll stand for our treadmill...looking around they are expensive and this is for a workout room...

I got an idea about making one out of PVC pipe...the idea doesn't seem to hard to construct...SO...I am checking if anyone else has a similar design or story that they have constructed?

Thanks for any replies

Lee

Wickedmoose

Jan 30, 2013
I'm thinking you could go to an autoparts store and look at some of the universal muffler and tailpipe mounts. There re some semi circular ones that are meant to go around the tailpie and mount flush to the undercarriage of the car. Maybe you could use a couple of these to go on one side of the pipe and mount the Tv from the other side.

Just a thought, but maybe it's too out there...

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Mounting the TV directly to the treadmill is going to make the TV vibrate a lot. If you don't want it on the wall as Eug suggested, just use some PVC or metal pipe (or even a sturdy old floor lamp) and make a floor stand that is the appropriate height for watching while you are on the treadmill.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Mounting the TV directly to the treadmill is going to make the TV vibrate a lot. If you don't want it on the wall as Eug suggested, just use some PVC or metal pipe (or even a sturdy old floor lamp) and make a floor stand that is the appropriate height for watching while you are on the treadmill.

Sorry...I guess I didn't make it that clear...I am not mounting a TV 'ON' the treadmill...

It was a floor stand idea....to stand right in front of a treadmill...basically what you wrote above.

After I posted...I did poke around the house to see what supplies I had and if I wanted to dump money at the hardware store...

I was able construct something "not pretty by any means" but it worked beautifully for what I wanted it for.

Basically had some scrap 2x4's laying around and made a 4x4 poll with legs and had a 26 inch LED tv mounted to the poll with a bracket that I bought and forgot about.

Ran a headphone extender cable to the back and a dvd player to the DVD...

Looks like shit but it is in the basement so I don't care. Placed it right in front of the treadmill, took about an hour to tweak in.

I was gifted an Apple TV (never used one before) so I might try to hook that up as well.