How Germany tackled the coronavirus: 9 people tell us they are thankful for good leadership and a robust health system

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is what you have when you get a leader, Angela Merkel, who just happens to be a scientist. (PhD in Quantum Chemistry)
The orange menace is a science denier and probably couldn't spell science if he had a dictionary in front of him.

They have a low number of deaths to their cases. Less than 1/3 of the US fatality rate. Lowest in comparison to France, Italy, Spain, UK.
"To date, the country has seen more than 183,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, but only 8,594 deaths. To put this into
perspective, New York City alone, which has a tenth of Germany's population, has around double that death toll. "

The article interviews 9 people and you get the feeling that they trusted their government and what they were being told.
Pretty much the opposite of what we experienced with his daily CV pep rallies at the WH. We only felt comfortable when
Drs Fauci and Birx were talking.
"Sarah Reitz, a 29-year-old management consultant, who also works in the German capital, told Business Insider that the
country's success was based upon clear and rational messaging people received from the government. "
"Georgiana Ci, 28, who is originally from Romania but lives in Berlin, said: "I felt safe that I am in Germany. I felt safe every
time Merkel was speaking on television." "I thought she made sense. I was listening to her German interviews which I usually
wouldn't do. I at least felt that if something happens to me, that I would be taken care of," Ci added.
"
This is the direct opposite message we received from the orange menace. You can see why the US became so fucked up that regard.
No one, believes the shit he says. No one. Well, except his base.

Isolation for 14 days 'unnecessary', claims Germany's top government scientist
This man believes that possibly a 14 day isolation is not necessary, but 7 days may suffice.
This is the person who worked with Angela Merkel on Germany's pandemic, Dr. Christian Drotsen saw the CV as a danger right
away and started developing a CV test and then testing for CV long before other European countries were doing the same.
His "department at Berlin’s Charite teaching hospital developed the first test for the virus in January, and he was warning of the
danger before the pandemic reached Europe."

"Prof Christian Drosten is a polarising figure in Germany. Feted by many for steered the country through the crisis with a lower death rate
than almost anywhere else, he has been demonised by others as the man who imposed lockdown on the country.
He claims that work may have prevented between 50,000 and 100,000 further deaths in Germany."

This is something our administration did not do and continues to deny what they did to 100K dead Americans.
We need to have an administration that follows science and lets it be our guide.

Reactions: pmv

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yup, the numbers do seem to suggest Germany got it right.

You don't even need to compare deaths to recorded cases (which everyone knows is a dubious calculation), even their per-capita death rate is lower than most.

What's interesting is that there appear to be multiple different ways of getting it wrong. Italy, Spain, Sweden, the UK, the US, all seem to have messed up in different ways.