How does one backup "Ca Mobile authenticator"?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have this authenticator app on my phone used for some work related stuff. Every now and then if I access one of the systems that use it, it will ping it and I need to accept. How would I go about backing that up? I need to reload my phone OS. I doubt our help desk would even know anything about this, it's kind of an oddball thing. A while back I wanted to see if our training site works outside of the corporate network and it actually does, but it wanted me to install that app. Really not finding anything on Google... except for places to download it. Not even basic documentation or anything.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I didn't see anything about backing it up, but it's on the Google play store. Maybe it just gets downloaded again after factory reset and login to account.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Check with your helpdesk, they must have some procedure setup for migrating to a new device.

You will most likely need to reinstall the app and register your phone again as an authorized device. There might be device limits based on account which might force you to remove your "old" phone from the server.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I ended up wiping it anyway, will figure it out at work. When I login to that system I'm hoping I will just get an option to set it up again. It does not ask to do two factor auth all the time, it only does it once in a while. This is a niche thing that is not standard issue so doubt our helpdesk will know of it. Basically there is this training site we can do training at our own leisure, but our work PCs don't quite handle playing those videos AND having all our stuff open at same time (still need to do my job while training) so I run it off my external machine that is not on corporate network and it's only then that it asks to use two factor auth, and think it's only if it's a new machine.

Supposedly at the initial setup when it gives me the barcode, I can reuse that barcode again. So I will try that next time and actually save it somewhere.