How does a Woman make an "F" in Woman Studies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Injury
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Draw a straight line going up-and-down. Then, draw another line at the top of the line you just drew going from left-to-right that's about half the size of the line you first drew. Finally, go to the center of the first line and draw another one going left-to-right that's about 1/3 the size of the first line.

There, now anyone can make an "F" in Woman Studies, as per the OPs question.

The More You Know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

letter.jpg

You failed! F!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
I'm guessing she does not show up all the time, or she just doesn't do her homework.
Yup. Some classes are pretty attendance-dependent. Someone failed Theater, and that's really not an easy class to fail. 30% of the grade is just from showing up and participating. That professor's policy: Miss 3 days without consequences. The reason doesn't matter; he didn't need, nor did he want a reason. He didn't want to have to be judge and jury to decide which reasons were "valid." 3 days. After that, each day missed would cost a full letter grade.

Draw a straight line going up-and-down. Then, draw another line at the top of the line you just drew going from left-to-right that's about half the size of the line you first drew. Finally, go to the center of the first line and draw another one going left-to-right that's about 1/3 the size of the first line.

The More You Know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

letter.jpg
Women sure do have trouble with instructions, don't they? ;) :laugh:

(In one of my CAD classes, all guys, the most common answer to student questions on lab projects is "Did you read the directions?" followed by, "No," and then, "Oh, I see it now.":))

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004

The More You Know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

letter.jpg

You failed! F!

He followed your directions. Your directions are fail.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
We need bikini pics of sister to determine her relative hotness level. The higher the hotness level, the more forgivable the grades...

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Maybe she refuses to buy into the BS the prof spews and parrot it back on tests and in class?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Linflas
Maybe she refuses to buy into the BS the prof spews and parrot it back on tests and in class?
I've been in two Feminist classes, From my experience, there's a greater likelihood that she couldn't back up her own arguments in any logical fashion. I've seen many students in disagreement with my professors, and still make stellar grades - the ones who fail usually are the ones who don't try.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
What part of study did you not understand? You don't study, you get poor grades, simple as that.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: steppinthrax
I just checked my sister's grades. She's doing poor as usually. But this is the deal

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

how do you get a D in Yoga?

she must not even show up to class. your sister is a loser. :(

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: HammerCurl
I just checked my sister's grades. She's doing poor as usually. But this is the deal

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

Based on these grades she is

1)Fat
2)Uncivilized
3)Not very flexible
4)A Man

What's her number? :D
haha
Are you sure you want "her" number? This looks like the report card of your typical online gamer. :p

Judging by those types of classes it's not shocking what her grades are. So many people here talk like it's uncommon for college kids (especially with this type of curriculum) to goof off a bit. Hopefully this girl will come to her senses and consider her time at university a little more valuable then nearly failing a Yoga class...

Maybe the OP would like to ask what people would do to encourage her to apply herself better.

Dam I sound "old"...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

I think it's your upbringing.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

Has notthing to do with me!!!!!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

Has notthing to do with me!!!!!
you sound so.... guilty. :p

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: heymrdj
And i'm going to say what a douche for posting your sister's grades to the internet. There are privacy laws in effect now that prevent teachers form posting grades on the door or giving them out on the phone like they used to. And you sir broke them bad. If I were your sister, and found those, i'd kill you with a nice weapon from the currently running thread on good doomsday weapons.

Now be a nice human and please remove her grades from the public eye.

Calm down. It's not like he posted her first and last name and where she goes to school.

WraithETC

Golden Member
May 15, 2005
Stupid is a plus if shes hot amirite?

F in women studies is probably a sign of good logic anyways.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Going to class and listening is enough to get a B in Western Civ, C if your teacher is a hard ass. Sounds like a classic case of NOT GOING TO CLASS........EVER. I missed half (yes, half) of my Chem I lectures last semester, I got a B-.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

i would have gotten worse thana D in yoga also...

and sounds like shes an indiscriminate slacker, i doubt she got the F because she didnt know anything about women... more like she hates school, studying and anything related and would get D or F in any class she took.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
those are real courses at colleges nowadays? Guess I can breathe a sigh of relief that my job is not in danger of being stolen by recent crops of graduates.

My sister and I are two different people. I graduated from a university and working on my masters. She is in community college taking 4 years for a AA degree and still living with her parents.

her parents? wouldnt those be your parents as well?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Study of Human Body = D
History of West Civ = D
Yoga!!!!!!!!! = D
Woman Studies = F

Is she hot at least? Hopefully, she can fall back on her looks. ;)